Desperately in need of help
Hail Lurkers,

I'm not sure how to search the old forums and I need to know how to calculate the Attack Rate versus Defense. I'm making a low-level PvP dueler and need to know how much defense I'll need against a level 9 character (I'll compute the other player's dexterity and strength). So if anyone can point me in the right direction or knows of this information personally, I'd be extreemly grateful.

Sincerly,

Meat
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Gone, but still useful...

Ye Olde Lurker Lounge
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I did a search for Attack Rate Defense using the AND logic and pulled up a little over one hundred posts, but found nothing remotly close to what I was looking for except for Tommi's Walking Paladin Guide, which still did not tell me how to figure out AR vs. Def... Any suggestions for how to search?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Originally posted by MEAT
Any suggestions for how to search?
In the Arreat Summit, perhaps?

Here. Under the Dexterity section.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
There it is :D . Thank you guys so much for the help. Now time for some computations.
Unfortunately, Arreat Summit does not tell the whole story. I did some job putting up a page, which lists all I know:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/tohit.html

Feel free to comment upon the page. I've got these formulas from experience, reading posts and testing a bit around with the lying character screen. So, if you spot errors there, please tell me and I'll correct them.

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Wow...I stand one-upped. :)

(though, to be fair, the information that I provided was in fact correct to the level that MEAT needed, provided that he was working off of actual AR/DR values instead of trying to extrapolate them from Dexterity. Unless, er, the values don't display correctly on our character screens? That would be scary.)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Tommi,May 30 2003, 01:07 PM Wrote:Unfortunately, Arreat Summit does not tell the whole story. I did some job putting up a page, which lists all I know:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/tohit.html

Feel free to comment upon the page. I've got these formulas from experience, reading posts and testing a bit around with the lying character screen. So, if you spot errors there, please tell me and I'll correct them.

Cheers,

Tommi
Yours is definitely a lot more indepth :D . I was surprised to find that the to-hit % from the formula provided by arret summits is off by 1-3% (depending on which items I plug in) with all the rounding of the attack rate percentes in your formulas. Good to know. One BIG thing the arret summit fails to mention is the To Hit Factor for the different classes! I'd have to say this made quit a difference to the end result of about 2%. Overall, the simplistic arret summit formula works fine for pvm if you don't mind loosing 2-5% in your computations, but if you want a more exacting formula, use Tommi's sheet :D

Thanks again for the help!