Shield of Absorbtion -3 from enemies
Scimitar of Skill +7 to dex
Empyrean Band Ring
Ring of Truth
Arkaine's Valor
Steel Hammer +11% chance to hit
Healing staff

Have not gotten very many spell books
but I have a lot scrolls: fireball, lightening, phasing, curse of stone, inferno
town portal (also have the spell for it)

What is the best combination to have?
Keeper of Nightworld
Well, considering you listed virtually only one item per slot, use what you have.

Use the steel hammer for undead enemies (skeletons, zombies, King Leoric) and use the sword of skill for demons and animals (goat men, bats, scavengers, hiddens, toad demons, horned demons and things like that). Use the healing staff when you need to refill life as long as no enemies are around. That's about all I can think of without any specificis, such as what enemies you are facing, where you are facing them, what class you are, etc.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I have a whole bunch of scrolls, infrerno,firewall, lightening, phasing, stone curse, just about everyone that can be found.

Is there a spell to help with the flying things that produce lightening?

How many lvls are there?

Is there supposed to be a quest for each lvl?

Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

Just starting lvl 11. Going to check out the different armor that is available.
Also have the maiming axe.

Is this too much for one thread.
Keeper of Nightworld
I have a whole bunch of scrolls, infrerno,firewall, lightening, phasing, stone curse, just about everyone that can be found.

Not much point in saving them. Use them when you think they will be helpful, or sell them.

Is there a spell to help with the flying things that produce lightening?

You mean familiars (the orange bats)? Any fire spell will work against them. A well-placed firewall can kill a room full of them. Otherwise, just lure them to someplace where you can kill them one on one, and heal yourself as necessary.

How many lvls are there?

There are 16 levels, not including the sublevels like Leoric's Tomb.

Is there supposed to be a quest for each lvl?

No.

Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

There are probably hundreds of strategy guides covering various aspects of the game. This website has a very good links section that can help you find a guide for virtually everything. For general tips for a fairly new player, there are great guides at Lochnar's Freshman Diablo:

http://www.arewehavingfunyet.com/diablo

Also have the maiming axe.

Generally speaking, you are better off using a weapon/shield combo instead of an axe. The benefits of a shield are usually too great to pass up.
Hello.

Quote:Is there a spell to help with the flying things that produce lightening?

Yes. Familiars are immune to lightning, so you have to use either fire or magic spells. However, they have resistance to magic spells, so fire spells are better.

Quote:How many lvls are there?

There are 16 levels.

Quote:Is there supposed to be a quest for each lvl?

No.

Quote:Is there a strategy guide somewhere?

Yes. Nystul supplied the necessary information.

If you would like more information about monsters, quests, and so on, Jarulf's Guide can help you.

(1) http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html
(2) http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/

The first link is to an online version of the guide. The second link allows you to download the guide.

Thank you for your time. Farewell.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube