"Don't just call me pessimist
In fear of using redundant terminology, I'll skip the ten-dollar words and get to what's on my mind:

I am psyched (like you) about 1.10.
Underneath my psyched, is a layer of dread.

the psyched:

Blizzard's designers are really great. They (obviously) like all the same 'cool' movies and other stuff I like, and they just make awesome games. Samwise rocks.
Places like here and the AmazonBasin are really great too, and I praise those who make it happen.
Etc.

the dread:

The hacking and the ignorant, mean people who we share our most beloved game with are not going to go away.

And you know, despite lots of good intentions from this direction or that one, its still not fair.
It sucks.

I loved something I read over at Dii.net today, in the guest article section -

Would-be victim says to hydra pk, just before exiting:

"Sit back, relax, and answer this : Why do you play this game?"

edit = link insert
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
The only people who understand such a message are those with a loftier moral than the aforementioned Hydra PK'er. That little snot would probably get his jollies either way, whether by PK'ing or by pushing the player from the game and be totally oblivious to any deeper meaning in the question (percieving it as nothing more than a crybaby's tantrum).
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
We can only wish that the orcs would percieve deeper meaning in such a question, yes (actually, the kid who wrote the article did to some extent & my admiration).

You're right, though. What's worse is that its like, real. It pains me so much that this cruelty isn't just some strange transgression the esteem-deprived use to bolster their poor broken egos under the anonymus cover of online gaming.
They aren't just trigger pk's and grief players, or even twelve year olds without siblings to game with.

You've seen them in the playground, the workplace, the corner store, the airport.

"Just a game," they tout. Just a game. Well, I know better - and it breaks my heart.

A real horadric cube would be great. We could then maybe take 3 flawed human beings and cube them together to get a normal one.

If we did this a lot, the population decrease could help out with starvation. :)

As long as there are bullies on playgrounds, there will be azoles (and I’m not talking fungicides) like that guy. Redeemed, maybe. But, I find it ironic that it took 83 innocent victims before his conscience caught up with him. More likely, he was bored and is now rewriting his own history to assuage his sick soul.

IMO, he has a long way to go before he gets any respect from me. Maybe I'm a little hardcore about it, but I feel that how you play a simple game is a window into your character. Do you have any honor? Are you honest? Do you have compassion? Are you motivated by camaraderie or greed? How do you lose? How do you win?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I wasn't terribly impressed by that PK guest writer either

He seemed awfully self-congratulatory

I think the hope is for the patch is that, yes, while the lamers will make the place they play in Hell then whine about it the Ladder season will shovel them all off into some whiney cow-running Hell where they can all whine together

I think non-Ladder games will be as unpleasant as open public BNet games generally are

I hope that, aside from the occasional whine of neeeeeeed Hsarus, offer good itamz and who can kill Blood Raven? the Ladder games become a quest-oriented cooperative leech-free playing environment

We'll have to see
...with the writer either, but I thought the question posed above was poetic enough to repeat. :)

Swarmalicious,Jun 4 2003, 12:30 AM Wrote:...with the writer either, but I thought the question posed above was poetic enough to repeat. :)
Quite so

But it was said to him not by him

Now if that player writes an article..........

Probably doesn't read Dii.net though :lol: