I need a suggestion or two.
I am building a pole axe barb outside of w/w what other thing do I need to do he's lvl 13 so all I have is the axe. :o Please help.

Edit for clarification. To start he is now using bash as his main skill at this time but I'd rather have some other opinions on skill choice(s) and still have a chance at completing the game. Although I'd like to try it without W/W, I don't know what would be a viable means of attack.
He's equipped with a bardiche, full plate mail, biggons bonnet, hotspur boots, and bloodfist gloves. Again this is for attack choices only.
Should be moved the workshop I guess.
Okay. first of all, don't respond to your own thread - that is why there is an "Edit" button. Second, this is fine in this forum - this doesn't really deal with game mechanics. Third, your post is too general. What do you want advice on? Equipment? Skills? Strategy? Also, TRY to use complete sentences? Someone might actually *gasp* understand what you are saying then! :P
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
well, what kind of build do you plan to use? What primary attack? (Berserk, Concentrate, etc.) Do you like to use warcries? If we decided your entire character for you, what fun would that be?
Well, for starters get a pole to go with it....

zing!
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Nothing needs more than a point until then anyway.

Bash and a point in pole arm mastery will suffice, with a little Taunt now and again to get the missile opponents within arm's reach.

Talk to you then.

(PS: Shout works.)

Edit: Sorry, here is where Monkeycid's nice Barbarian Guide is located.

Monkeycid's Guide

And I forgot to mention that a point in Concentrate at lvl 18 is handy as well.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 4 2003, 06:59 PM Wrote:Nothing needs more than a point until then anyway.

Bash and a point in pole arm mastery will suffice, with a little Taunt now and again to get the missile opponents within arm's reach.
Taunt is for wussies, REAL Barbs use Leap Attack :) And by 30, I usually have my Mastery near-maxed, because like you said, you just need a point for prereqs and warcries that only need a point anyway. IMO, the decision comes after you've maxed mastery, in choosing which skill you plan to use as your primary attack. But then again I'm not one of those guys who likes to max Battle Orders, so I tend to have more points to work with
Dozer,Jun 4 2003, 05:20 AM Wrote:Okay. first of all, don't respond to your own thread - that is why there is an "Edit" button. Second, this is fine in this forum - this doesn't really deal with game mechanics. Third, your post is too general. What do you want advice on? Equipment? Skills? Strategy? Also, TRY to use complete sentences? Someone might actually *gasp* understand what you are saying then!  :P
No need to be a dick about it. He's obviously a new member, just asking a question.
Wrathraven,Jun 4 2003, 11:05 PM Wrote:Taunt is for wussies
I have to say taunt is actually pretty cool if you are in a party or use a merc - it pulls the monsters off your buddies and draws them towards you (how is that being a wussie?). Taunt also is great for herding cows if you like doing that sort of thing. Its a must-have 1 point wonder for every Barbarian I've played.

Its also rather amusing to use in public Bnet games, where almost nobody knows what it is - you'll get comments ranging from amused curiosity to the hilariously derogatory (well sometimes I have to laugh at some of the ridiculous comments).

Good luck with the Barbarian, I have to say the WW/Polearm build can be fun!
"Carcasse, tu trembles? Tu tremblerais bien d'avantage, si tu savais, ou je te mene!" - Henri de la Tour d'Auvergne, Vicomte de Turenne (1611-1675)

You tremble, carcass? You would tremble a lot more if you knew where I am taking you!
Wrathraven,Jun 5 2003, 03:05 AM Wrote:Taunt is for wussies
As I keep getting told:

Real Barbs don't cry

:lol: