Um...Strength or Dexterity?
I'm sure this is in a manual, somewhere, but is the prime characteristic for an Assassin strength or dexterity?

Or, does it matter on your Assassin build?
Always remember, wherever you go, there you are.
Quote:Or, does it matter on your Assassin build?

Yes, depends totally on your build.

Trappers sometimes hardly raise str/dex at all, and focus on energy/vit. They use normal quality claws, with + to traps/all skills and + to individual skills.

MA assassins usually go for enough str/dex to equip elite claws, or to max blocking(for c/s assassin). On the other hand, kick damage is based totaly on str/dex, so kicking assassins try to up both as much as possible. Also, both str and dex raise an assassin's damage when weilding claws; some players continue to up both to maximize their damage.

Usually a hybrid assassin will have a pretty well rounded allocation of stats, with a fairly high dex/str, and the rest in vit, perhaps some energy if trapper, to help in the low lvls.

Personally I play only HC, so my assassins rarely have high str/dex, but have very high vit. I often rely on my other equipment to add str/dex to equip my end game weapons.

My advice would be to take a look at the Arreat Summit and check out the requirements of the elite claws, and from those make a decision about how high you want to raise your str/dex.
For a martial artist I usually try to keep Strength, Dex and Vit roughly even, at least at first

More info here:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=56&t=15069