ARx4 and Blessed Aim
I'm wondering how the monster's ARx4 bonus interacts with other AR boosting effects, such as Blessed Aim. Is the x4 multiplier effectively a +300% bonus and hence additive with Blessed Aim bonus, or is it a straight multiplier to the base or final AR of the monster?

For example, if a monster gets a +300% bonus from Blessed Aim, does it get an attack rating of:
1. (Base AR x 4) x 4 = Base AR x 16, or
2. Base AR x (1 + 3 + 3) = Base AR x 7 ?

Thanks in advance,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Its #1. The game will first to ar x4, then apply %ar bonus.
Thanks. So it is like a base AR multiplier, and the attack rating is calculated about as follows:

Attack Rating = [((Monster Base AR x 4) + Direct Modifiers) x Percentage Modifiers / 100]

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

I thought they changed the AR X 4 to AR X 2 when the expansion came out.

Sorry, but did that not actually change at all?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I've never heard of that. If that's the case, the character screen must be lying to Zath:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=26858

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur

Dwarf Campaign

But as I recall, the expansion fixed that in some way, from X4 to something else, but maybe that was a 'during the expansion patch' that never made it to final.

For some reason, I recall a conversation about how the X 4 had been altered. This is a couple year old memory, and no, no link, sorry.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I always thought that those numbers seemed low. I have a few questions about this though.

Is the % to be hit by a monster that is listed on the character screen correct? Also, does this take into account the difference in level between your character and the monster or only the defense and attack rating?
USEast *ghost-70
Is the % to be hit by a monster that is listed on the character screen correct? Also, does this take into account the difference in level between your character and the monster or only the defense and attack rating?

Never trust the Lying Character Screen ;)
It should take into account the clvl/mlvl curve, yes. You just can't be sure that the displayed number is right.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
Tommi,Jun 6 2003, 07:17 AM Wrote:Thanks. So it is like a base AR multiplier, and the attack rating is calculated about as follows:

Attack Rating = [((Monster Base AR x 4) + Direct Modifiers) x Percentage Modifiers / 100]

Cheers,

Tommi
Pretty much, yea. 'Direct modifiers' should be ones from skill, not from items that the monster may have. That would be included in 'base ar'.
Occhidiangela,Jun 6 2003, 02:14 PM Wrote:But as I recall, the expansion fixed that in some way, from X4 to something else, but maybe that was a 'during the expansion patch' that never made it to final.

For some reason, I recall a conversation about how the X 4 had been altered.  This is a couple year old memory, and no, no link, sorry.
The 'fix' was that the character screen would be using the correct (ARx4) value for generating the chance to hit information instead of the inncorrect (ARx1) that it was using before.
Quote: The 'fix' was that the character screen would be using the correct (ARx4) value for generating the chance to hit information instead of the inncorrect (ARx1) that it was using before.

Just to clarify this. I'm assuming you mean that the "some monster's chance to hit character = X %" i.e. DR % is now displayed correctly reflecting the monster's true AR against the player and including the clvl/mlvl differential.
ldw,Jun 8 2003, 09:59 PM Wrote:Just to clarify this. I'm assuming you mean that the "some monster's chance to hit character = X %" i.e. DR % is now displayed correctly reflecting the monster's true AR against the player and including the clvl/mlvl differential.
Yes.