Holy Bolt never hits short monsters
EDIT: DOH apologies this should have been in the Maggot Lair...

Well I was toying with some skills for a party paladin, and thinking about how I can help party members when mobbed etc. Being as how Fist of Heavens has a cast timer I ruled it out as far as going with a healer style build. Anyway to the point, I was tooling around in the Blood Moor checking out how fast cast items affected the cast speed of Holy Bolt only to discover to my chagrin that I could not hit Quill Rats or Fallen with the bolts. Any regular size monsters fell over dead but the short ass guys were running circles around me laughing their butts off. Anyone ever notice this before? My chance to hit anything I shot at was of course 95%...
"My Karma ran over your Dogma"

HeL
Im not sure about this, but doesnt Holy bolt only kill the Undead. Fallen and quillrats are demons i guess, so it doesnt affect them. Someone correct me if im wrong...
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
Ahh so in other words RTFSD!

sd=spell description
"My Karma ran over your Dogma"

HeL
The 3 skills with applications specific to Undead are . . .

Holy Bolt
Does Magic Damage to Undead monsters.
Heals targeted party members.

Fist of the Heavens
Does Lightning Damage to the direct target.
'Splash' Holy bolts do Magic Damage to Undead monsters.
'Splash' Holy bolts heal party members.

Sanctuary
Applies a Physical Damage boost to melee/missile weapon attacks.
Does Magic Damage to Undead monsters over a wide radius on a 3 second pulse.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Sanctuary
Applies a Physical Damage boost to melee/missile weapon attacks.

Don't know if it's physical, but it damages and leeches from PI undead. Blizzard would probably say that it's a "feature" :)
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
And why would Blizzard say it's anything but a feature when every indication is that the resistance piercing is deliberate? :blink: It works by treating Physical Resistance against it as zero (before global resist is applied).

I can't believe how this one keeps popping up after all this time. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Well here's a curious fact:
My fendazon/tankazon (swap to LSabre + shield against PI) finally got her Silence runeword spear completed to replace Lycander's Flank. It has +75% damage against undead. She can whack PI undeads with it, though killing speed is a bit slow. Apparently it's hitting the PI monsters with the 75% damage vs undead from the weapon.

I swapped back to Flank and equipped Ghoulhide & Undead Crown but didn't do any damage on PI undeads, so it only works from a weapon. There was no leech, either.