Permafrost
I'm sure this isn't new, but it's new to me. I was fighting Izual in normal, pounding him with Static. My sorceress's Act 1 merc was dutifully plugging him full of arrows. Eventually he died. (No suprise there.) Of course both of us were chilled in the course of the fight. Now the odd thing is, the merc never recovered. She remained blue, and slowed, for a good five minutes afterward. Even giving her a thawing potion didn't help. I had to leave and re-enter the game to get her back to normal (or whatever passes for normal in the minds of those crazy mercs). This obviously isn't a huge deal, but I was curious if anyone knows what causes this 'permafrost' effect? Is there any way to prevent it?
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Something like that happened to me once. I think I was in Act II or III, but I don't remember what I was doing. Anyway, I got chilled, but eventually started moving faster again.

Here's the weird part.

I remained blue! I ran around like this for quite a while, until I got poisoned, I think.
I've been chilled for what I'm pretty sure was far too long considering the creature that chilled me, and a trip to the healer didn't "cure" it either. And I continued to move more slowly. When that happens, I stay in town and go get a drink or go to the bathroom or something, and when I come back, it's usually worn off.

I've also been poisoned and stayed green for a good ten minutes or more, but didn't seem to actually be sufferring the effects of the poison (loss of HP), though it's hard to tell because I usually have at least one item with life regeneration. A trip to the healer does cure that, though.

Orbert
Liza Bow 83, Polgara Tri-Sorc 82, Jane Jav 81, Kathryne Sassy 79, Bellina Xbow 78
Alfredo AxeBarb 81, Bob Pal 80, Zachary Necro 78, Merrick Werewolf 78

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
As far as being chilled goes, I'm not sure if a trip to the town healer ever actually thaws you out. You'd think it should, since the healer removes poison and curses and anything else that ails you, but occasionally, when playing a character with low cold resist, I've been tagged by a frost nova, gone to the healer, and remained chilled. It always wears off after several more seconds, but it can get a wee bit irritating at times. Not sure if that's a feature or a bug.

As for poison, I, too, have occasionally seen my character or mercenary stay green far beyond the normal time for poison duration, but as you say, no damage seems to occur and a trip to the healer or an antidote potion will remove it. However, there have been two occasions when my mercenary has just plain stayed green, and visiting the healer didn't do anything at all. IIRC, in both instances the merc had gotten stuck somewhere and either had to "teleport" back to join me, or I had to pop back to town to get him back.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Like you, I've experienced ridiculously long poison and chill durations, but sometimes when I'm chilled, I'll be slowed down for a few seconds and then I'll be able to run and attack the normal speed, but I would still remain blue. Usually when that happens, visiting a healer will turn my character back to their normal color, but when I am chilled and still slowed, a healer will not un-chill me.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]