no ring after cain quest?
I did the cain quest and went right to Akara. My inventory was full, but I was under the impression that the ring would drop to the ground. I heard the "ding" sound but no such ring dropped. I've been out of a scene for a little bit, so I may have missed something. Did this change? Or what went on here? (And yes I thoroughly checked my inventory)

-darfür
The ring is lost forever. Same thing happens with Ormus too, so make sure you have a spot in your inventory before you speak with them after completing quests. I don't know when Blizzard changed things back for the worse, but it cost me 3 lost rings before I learned my lesson.
Were you wearing any rings at that time? I think it could've equiped it if you didn't have a ring in both slots, but I'm not sure. :unsure:
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
This also will happen with the Ral/Ort/Tal runes you're supposed to get in act 5.

Speaking of which, because my stash is usually full of worthless junk that I can't bear to part with, I tend to avoid talking to Qual-Kehk after freeing his buddies in Act 5. Basically he holds the runes for me, I can come and 'redeem my rune voucher' whenever I need them. This entails going to another act to get my merc raised, but keeps 3 precious little slots open in the stash.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
bah, so they did change that, alright. and no, i didn't have any rings equipped before or after.

-darfür