I need some friends...
on bnet US East :)

I have been away from D2 for about a year. I have been lurking on this forum for quite sometime but have posted rarely. I recently began playing again with new interest in the game. It's been fun so far, starting from scratch and what not but I miss playing with honest people who just wanna have fun, do some quests, get some XP and maybe find some cool items.

I'm an honest player, I don't hack and I NEVER beg for items or to be PA'd. Of course, I would never turn down those opportunites when they arise :). When loot drops I'm the last person to jump on something and the first person to give something away if another player has a better use of that item than myself or whatever.

I enjoy playing hardcore but playing in pub HC games makes my skin crawl just to think about it. So, I really need some people that I might be able to join up and play with. SC or HC, either is fine but I prefer HC. As long as there some nice people around to play with I'll do either. I'm just flexible like that :)

The reason I post this on the LL is that from reading posts and such it seems you guys are more my type of people that I would like to spend my time playing D2 with.

Any suggestions on this matter would be helpful to me.

-Mudshark
Quote:The reason I post this on the LL is that from reading posts and such it seems you guys are more my type of people that I would like to spend my time playing D2 with.

There is something great about the community that the lurkerlounge has built. Posts are well thought out, and offer insite to topics outside of diablo II. It grants a sense of person, of individualism that isn't found elsewhere; A stark contrast to the thirteen-year-old UBER HACKZORS that seem to flood battlenet.

I've been lurkering for the last 3 years, and the people here keep bringing me back to read the forum (on a daily basis).

I play on USEast with a few LL'ers. We can sometimes be found in the channel Lurkerlounge. When 1.10 comes out I am sure there will be a huge boom.

If hardcore is your cup of tea, check out the amazon basin (www.theamazonbasin.com). There are a lot of members on the Lurkerlounge that are part of the amazon basin forums. Don't let the name scare you, they're community is not totaly centered around amazons ;). They have a channel on USEast "Clan TheAmazonBasin" Most of their members play HC. They are definately another great group to play with (and their numbers are vastly larger).

For future notice: There is forum on the Lurkerlounge called the Pandemonium Forteress. This is where posts like this go. I am sure the post will kindly be moved by one of the Admins soon enough. Nothing to be sorry about either, honest first mistake. Just make sure you learn from it :).

Hopefully I can count on the rest of the lurkerlounge to put away their flamethrowers. :P
Quote:There is something great about the community that the lurkerlounge has built. Posts are well thought out, and offer insite to topics outside of diablo II. It grants a sense of person, of individualism that isn't found elsewhere; A stark contrast to the thirteen-year-old UBER HACKZORS that seem to flood battlenet.

Amen! This makes finding people to play with WHILE ON bnet a serious pain hehe. At least that has been my experience. So, I'm trying to find other ways of getting to know a good group of people to play with on a regular basis.

Quote:For future notice: There is forum on the Lurkerlounge called the Pandemonium Forteress. This is where posts like this go. I am sure the post will kindly be moved by one of the Admins soon enough. Nothing to be sorry about either, honest first mistake. Just make sure you learn from it

My mistake thanks for the clarification. I will check out the amazon basin as well. I appreciate the suggestion :)
Munkay,Jun 10 2003, 03:29 PM Wrote:It grants a sense of person, of individualism that isn't found elsewhere;  A stark contrast to the thirteen-year-old UBER HACKZORS that seem to flood battlenet.
Grr. I see attempts to stop Racism all over the place, but what about Agism? It's everywhere, and it's here too. I've got thirteen years under my belt and I'm not t3|-| |337z0rs. I can be as civilized and mature as someone twice my age but yet I'm discriminated against only because I was born a few years later. And remember, someone who's 30 can be childish or someone who's 10 can be mature.

It's like saying "Man, all those Koreans are so dumb!" which is definitely not true, and would be something crazy to say in today's society. But one can get away with saying "Every 13 year old is such an UB3R HAXXOR". It's absurd!
yeah I agree with the agism thing in some cases. I dont let it bother me too much hehe

So anyone wanna hook up and play some HC on east tonite?? :)

I was thinking of starting a HC scorc since I never really played one HC...
Sporky Smurf,Jun 10 2003, 02:44 PM Wrote:Grr. I see attempts to stop Racism all over the place, but what about Agism? It's everywhere, and it's here too.
No fair, eh?

I have to agree with you. Jumping to conclusions about someone's age based on their in-game communication skills is not right.

I know one forty-something that sends me ICQ messages like 'Do u think ur chance of a gme 2nite r ok?'

I know a thirty-something social worker who still sends me emails full of the same stuff. No capitals and plenty of ...... to separate the so-called sentences.

And I also know a number of teenagers who possess AND use excellent English in all communication.

My sympathy.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

What's up Mudshark,

I play on USEast Hardcore exclusively, although I don't frequent the Amazon Basin.
I'm pretty static in my class choices, usually an amazon, with a sorc here and there. I had some fun with a traps assassin, which is now a level 46 mule.

I'm on sporatically, as I work nights (11 pm to 7 or 8 am) and some days I just don't feel like playing :-p. However, once 1.10 comes out, I will be playing a ladder char with some amount of fervor.
Actually, the only reason I'm up right now is because my dog work me up... usually I'll be awake until 2 or so, then I'll sleep till I need to get up for work. So when I am on, it's usually earlier morning.

Feel free to message me, though. My account on b.net is the same as my name here. I've got a low-level zon I'm playing currently.
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC
Hi,

But there is one bright spot. Your race you're stuck with for life (excluding Michael Jackson? :) ) but you're only 13 for a year. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

dahak_i,Jun 10 2003, 07:59 PM Wrote:What's up Mudshark,

I play on USEast Hardcore exclusively, although I don't frequent the Amazon Basin.
I'm pretty static in my class choices, usually an amazon, with a sorc here and there. I had some fun with a traps assassin, which is now a level 46 mule.

I'm on sporatically, as I work nights (11 pm to 7 or 8 am) and some days I just don't feel like playing :-p. However, once 1.10 comes out, I will be playing a ladder char with some amount of fervor.
Actually, the only reason I'm up right now is because my dog work me up... usually I'll be awake until 2 or so, then I'll sleep till I need to get up for work. So when I am on, it's usually earlier morning.

Feel free to message me, though. My account on b.net is the same as my name here. I've got a low-level zon I'm playing currently.
Great I'll look for ya on bnet. thanks for replying to me :)
Unless you're born on the Leap Day of a Leap Year, in which case you've got it about four times as bad. :D
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
*Makes fun of this thread title* :D But yea, too many folks quite the game due to any of the crap. I think the Pandominum fortress like said before and channel diablo retail dsf-1 (uswest) and channel lurkerlounge maybe be apporiate. Nobody seems to play D2 there most of the time though. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Sporky Smurf,Jun 10 2003, 07:44 PM Wrote:
Munkay,Jun 10 2003, 03:29 PM Wrote:It grants a sense of person, of individualism that isn't found elsewhere;  A stark contrast to the thirteen-year-old UBER HACKZORS that seem to flood battlenet.
Every 13 year old is such an UB3R HAXXOR. It's absurd!
First off, I did not say every!

I did not mean to offend anyone by making the generalization I did. It was a misunderstanding of my intent (directly my fault for not phrasing correctly).

I did not mean every thirteen year old is a UBER HACKZORS. There are plenty of older people who use L33t speak, as well as older hackers. I am not trying to typcast every thirteen year old. Though my own personal experience after nearly 3 years on battle.net has been that some of the most aggrivating experiences have involved young teenage males.

I love playing with people for who they are. Age holds no bearing to me. A few bad eggs ruin a reputation, and unfortunately I have found more bad eggs that are 13, than 25. Like it has been said in other posts, there are plenty of young players out there that are courteous and elequent in their use of english. And there are equally as many 'old men' who lack these qualities.

I stand only 5 years older, at the age of 18. I apologize for my post coming off in a manner that makes it seem I hold anything against any age group.
No harm was done. It's that I've seen it a lot (especially recently) and am getting it off my chest right now because I'm in a peevish mood and I feel that people need to stop it. Damn studying. :angry:
See, if you weren't such an immature little brat, you wouldn't have reacted so harshly to that, and the whole situation could've been avoided.

*cough cough*

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
umm yeah but I want to make a HC scorc. :P
I play USEast HC exclusively and would be glad to play with you. Currently I'm grounded... "You play on that stupid computer too much!!". Oh well, when I'm not grounded I'm on a lot I usually hang out in my friends channels. (am I allowed to say them?) I hope I see you around.

Sincerely,
Layzd

(btw: my account name is Layzdhc)
Layzdhc
Current project: Werebear (lvl 50)
Future projects: TMNT!!