dual wield question
If have a mod (lifesteal, specifically) on one of my swords, will my character only steal life on damage done by the sword the mod is on, or on both of them?

Also, is it worth using a second angelic halo with the wings to get another +ar mod (i have 72% to hit flayers in NM ATM without a halo/wings combo) I intend to use a sigons gloves/helm combo as well. What couls could I use then, considering that I'm currently using sanders with sanders gloves.

Is it worth putting a shael in a craint vomir or is there something better?

What could I put in a pierre Tombale Couant for a guardsman merc?

thanks.

-Bob
Bob,Jun 11 2003, 10:00 AM Wrote:If  have a mod (lifesteal, specifically) on one of my swords, will my character only steal life on damage done by the sword the mod is on, or on both of them?
Both of them.

Quote:Also, is it worth using a second angelic halo with the wings to get another +ar mod (i have 72% to hit flayers in NM ATM without a halo/wings combo) I intend to use a sigons gloves/helm combo as well. What couls could I use then, considering that I'm currently using sanders with sanders gloves.

Ring? Dunno. Do it and see what happens. If you get the MF bonus then keep it.
Sanders? Go with Sigons.

Quote:Is it worth putting a shael in a craint vomir or is there something better?

Dual Wield Barbarian I assume? Shael is ok.

Quote:What could I put in a pierre Tombale Couant for a guardsman merc?

Amn Rune.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Yep, that's about it. I think he forgot... oh... wait no, no he didn't.

Yep that's it.

:)
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
I'm not so sure this is right

Some affixes clearly only affect the weapon being used. Enhanced damage for instance does not stack - you don't get 402-600% from using two Cruels

Some affixes apply regardless - the +skills from items like Bartucs is very obvious. The FHR also stacks

From observing in games when dual wielding with one leech weapon you only get the swirlies every other attack if using normal attack, frenzy or double swing

With Concentrate, Bash and so on you only get leech from the weapon in the character's right hand (your left)

That's how it seems to me
Brista,Jun 11 2003, 04:18 AM Wrote:...
That's how it seems to me
Which is essentially correct. Some of the attributes that appear on weapons will only be applied when that weapon is used to make the attack. The same attribute on non-weapon equipment will be applied in all cases. This is controlled by the damagerelated flag in the itemstatcost.txt file. The one it will apply to are as follows (internal game names for these, but I think you will be able to tell which is which).

Stat
STATS_ITEM_MAXDAMAGE_PERCENT
STATS_ITEM_MINDAMAGE_PERCENT
STATS_TOHIT
STATS_MINDAMAGE
STATS_MAXDAMAGE
STATS_SECONDARY_MINDAMAGE
STATS_SECONDARY_MAXDAMAGE
STATS_DAMAGEPERCENT
STATS_FIREMINDAM
STATS_FIREMAXDAM
STATS_LIGHTMINDAM
STATS_LIGHTMAXDAM
STATS_MAGICMINDAM
STATS_MAGICMAXDAM
STATS_COLDMINDAM
STATS_COLDMAXDAM
STATS_COLDLENGTH
STATS_POISONMINDAM
STATS_POISONMAXDAM
STATS_POISONLENGTH
STATS_LIFEDRAINMINDAM <--lifesteal factor
STATS_LIFEDRAINMAXDAM
STATS_MANADRAINMINDAM <--manasteal factor
STATS_MANADRAINMAXDAM
STATS_STAMDRAINMINDAM
STATS_STAMDRAINMAXDAM
STATS_STUNLENGTH
STATS_ATTACKRATE
STATS_QUANTITY
STATS_ITEM_KNOCKBACK
STATS_ITEM_FASTATTACKRATE
STATS_ITEM_FASTERATTACKRATE
STATS_ITEM_FASTESTATTACKRATE
STATS_ITEM_NORMALDAMAGE
STATS_ITEM_HOWL
STATS_ITEM_STUPIDITY
STATS_ITEM_IGNORETARGETAC
STATS_ITEM_FRACTIONALTARGETAC
STATS_ITEM_PREVENTHEAL
STATS_ITEM_TOHIT_PERCENT
STATS_ITEM_DAMAGETARGETAC
STATS_ITEM_DEMONDAMAGE_PERCENT
STATS_ITEM_UNDEADDAMAGE_PERCENT
STATS_ITEM_DEMON_TOHIT
STATS_ITEM_UNDEAD_TOHIT
STATS_ITEM_FREEZE
STATS_ITEM_OPENWOUNDS
STATS_ITEM_CRUSHINGBLOW
STATS_ITEM_EXTRABLOOD
STATS_ITEM_DEADLYSTRIKE
STATS_ITEM_SLOW
STATS_ITEM_STAMINADRAINPCT
STATS_ITEM_REANIMATE
STATS_ITEM_PIERCE
STATS_ITEM_THROW_MINDAMAGE
STATS_ITEM_THROW_MAXDAMAGE
STATS_ITEM_MAXDAMAGE_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_MAXDAMAGE_PERCENT_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_TOHIT_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_TOHITPERCENT_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_COLD_DAMAGEMAX_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_FIRE_DAMAGEMAX_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_LTNG_DAMAGEMAX_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_POIS_DAMAGEMAX_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_DAMAGE_DEMON_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_DAMAGE_UNDEAD_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_TOHIT_DEMON_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_TOHIT_UNDEAD_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_CRUSHINGBLOW_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_OPENWOUNDS_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_KICK_DAMAGE_PERLEVEL
STATS_ITEM_DEADLYSTRIKE_PERLEVEL
STATS_POISON_COUNT

Some of these may not actually be in use in the game currently. I did remove several that I know are not in use or do not actually work at all.
nasty turtles
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Quote:STATS_ITEM_STUPIDITY

You just throw that one in for the stupid one who actually read the whole list? :)

What does STATS_ITEM_STUPIDITY pertain to?
*looks expectantly at Ruvanal*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Hit Blinds Target

so the monster stands around stupidly doing nothing.
Who says code monkeys don't have a sense of humor. :)

Well... java monkeys don't, but I digress. ;)
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jun 12 2003, 01:21 PM Wrote:Who says code monkeys don't have a sense of humor.&nbsp; :)
I once saw a cute one in the manual for a 24 track mixing console. Imagine a a dense latticework of lines with tiny fine print text lables all over a white page, stuff like "stereo bus L, stereo bus R," etc. Imagine two lines trailing off the page in one corner. Imagine fine print words next to that pair saying, "Off ramp to Santa Ana Freeway". :blink:

Elsewhere in that manual was a printed footnote about how an interesting sound with the top end knocked off could be achieved by smearing some chewing gum over the console mic aperture. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Say! Speaking of codemokeys and weird humour, there's an android in System Shock 2 that gets up and does the macarena if you stop and watch long enough. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight concealed a super killer rabbit that you could find if you listened for a creaking door. And the most famous of all easter eggs was a snippet of game with Bill Gates' head on a stick hidden in Windows 95. :D
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote:Hit Blinds Target

so the monster stands around stupidly doing nothing.

Ahhh.. that makes sense. The stupid mod :lol:

Thanks
Exactly. You can find an item that is of "Stupidity"
That gives me an idea! I'll have Uber-LeetHaxor Personalize an item of Stupidity... :) And I'll put an Ith rune in it. Uber-LeetHaxor's Ith of Stupidity. :lol:
LEECH, CRUSHING BLOW, DEADLY STRIKE, +AR, +DAMAGE, +ELEMENTAL, +ENHANCED DAMAGE

You get on BOTH weapons **IF THE MOD IS ON AN ITEM OTHER THAN WEAPON** such as boots, ring, charm, etc.

You get on ONE weapon if if the mod is on the weapon.