Copy+pasting text in a game
Can it be done?

I ask the question because I've recently made a Werewolf Druid named FuyukiShido and my plan for him is to shout out "Hungry Wolf Technique!" everytime I enter combat.

I really hope somebody knows what I'm talking about.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
I honestly don't know. But you could highlight text in the chat room, and press ctrl+c to copy text. And control+v to paste it. Would you try this out now?

Edit: Didn't work :(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yeah I've tried that already. I was about to try it again to double check, but I got hit with the unhandled exception error...twice.

I thought they fixed that...
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
What the heck causes that error?
I tried copying text from an outside text editing application but that didn't work either.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
you can try opening the chat command line and just use the up arrow (cursor) to scroll through your last 5 messages.

ah well, that one is just too obvious

*takes cover*

-Dave
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
D-Dave,Jun 11 2003, 04: Wrote:you can try opening the chat command line and just use the up arrow (cursor) to scroll through your last 5 messages.

ah well, that one is just too obvious

*takes cover*

-Dave
*Shoots D-Dave with a guided arrow*
But seriously, I've never heard of such a function. Thanks anyways.
Archon_Wing,Jun 12 2003, 12:23 AM Wrote:*Shoots D-Dave with a guided arrow*
"Ha, me don't fear Guided Arrow"

*browses stash for 3llt haxor shield*

"Oh, pudu, can't find one"

*remebers there are no hacked or duped Items on his accounts*

"oh, oh"

*runs away like headless chicken*

"forgot to say: you're welcome Archon" ;)

Edit: mor krautisch spelling to correct
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
DAIBLO II RUNS TEH LUNIX?!??!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Vash,Jun 12 2003, 12:45 AM Wrote:DAIBLO II RUNS TEH LUNIX?!??!
YUPYUP DIABLO II RUNES TEH WINE!!

http://www.latte.ca/D2LOD/ :)

Edit: Ah, now I understand you were referring to that "text history" feature. lol :rolleyes:
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Which is silly since you could have command history in DOS with DOSKEY. Running another service/app for that functionality in DOS isn't really any different than how some of the *nix shells handle it (and not all *nix shells have comman history either). So, it was a silly point to try and make anyway.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'm pretty sure all unix shell do in fact have a command history of one sort or another.
Not all of them are friendly enough to be accessible via the up arrow though :)

-ldw (who's worked with many horrible shells *sigh*)

Edir: Can't type today
Gnollguy,Jun 12 2003, 12:25 PM Wrote:Which is silly since you could have command history in DOS with DOSKEY.&nbsp; Running another service/app for that functionality in DOS isn't really any different than how some of the *nix shells handle it (and not all *nix shells have comman history either).&nbsp; So, it was a silly point to try and make anyway.
You don't even need doskey with Windows NT based operating systems. These have both command history and filename completion you normally associate with *nix shells. Windows XP even has both these features enabled by default.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Ugh, yeah, AIX is a bit of a pain. There's no intuitive history built in, as far as I could tell; what I had to do was set the command line editor to "vi" and use its up-one-line function thing.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
I've been wondering about this for a long time now, and unless I missed it above, there's still no answer. How can nobody know how to do this? Every cow game I enter, somebody starts spamming something about getting the leg, someone else starts countering with a dozen lines of "shut up shut up shut up...", and at other times people just spam whatever line they feel like 'cause they want to be annoying and fill everyone else's screens with text. There's no way any of these people are actually typing the same line over and over at 1000 wpm without errors.

Is it just that there is a way to repeat your last line, but not to specifically copy and paste?
Noob Haxxor strikes again!
wut do u meen withot erorz?????????//// ;)
But, really, though... The pressing up works.
LOL! Ha ha!

And I thought you guys were kidding about the up thing!

Whee! It works!

HUNGRY WOLF TECHNIQUE!!!!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
John_Connor,Jun 12 2003, 07:05 PM Wrote:Is it just that there is a way to repeat your last line, but not to specifically copy and paste?
You can repeat your last, or your second last, etc depending on how many times you press "up".
You can't copy & paste text as far as I know.
If you press tab in the chatroom thing, then it puts your last /command in the text box. :)
Oh my.... my apologies.

This is just like when I asked people how to write text above my head... only this is even easier and more obvious...
I also thought you guys were kidding about this...

Go me! Way to make an entrance in the forum :) Noob haxxor strikes again.
Noob Haxxor strikes again!