Weapon for Werewolf Druid
More common, but not more expensive. Fury costs a ton, silence is a slightly lighter ton.

Also, remember that +2 skills adds both life and damage -- you have to take that into account, not to mention that you can substitute powerful +stat items and elemental damage instead of the resist gear you would normally have to wear.
In my mind, Hellslayer is good for one thing for a Were-Druid: Looking at its damage and being like, "Hey, big numbers are cool," and then switch to the IK Maul you have on the weapon switch. ;)
-TheDragoon
The 20% WIAS on Silence is usually not enough for me, personally. It's still "too slow" to use. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:OK, firstly one of you mentioned weapon IAS, that is why the buri is good. I'm sure you will agree it has a faster hit rate than an IK maul, or any other weapon for that matter.

Agreed and disagreed. With a shael a wuffy could reach 8/5/5/5/5, while a shael'd IKMaul is 9/5/5/5/5... so you have a point. However, a ribcracker can reach 8/5/5/5/5 with an IAS jewel or shael as well... and is a FAR superior weapon, IMO. Everyone has their favorites, kier... but I've used them all. I like to think my opinion is formed from personal experience.

Quote:Also, a normal hellslayer could kill a cow in less hits. This may make it possible to kill cows quicker with a hellslayer than an ik maul. Allthough i agree you do need good life leech when using slower weapons.

Given, as long as the Cows are not hitting back. With such a molasses'd weapon as the Hellslayer, your Fury would be interrupted so often I would be having fits. It's hard to deal out that high damage when you can't even swing the damnable thing. Once again, this is experience garnered in person from the battlefield. But, I'm repeating myself.

Tell you what: Let's do a moo run. Or even easier: Let's go hunting for Boss Frenzytaurs. I'll bring my ribcracker, you bring your eth Hellslayer. We'll rip into a group together and see who comes out the other side with their fur still intact. ;)

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:The 20% WIAS on Silence is usually not enough for me, personally. It's still "too slow" to use.

An acquaintance handed me her Silence'd Giant Thresher awhile ago. I handed it back in disgust after a romp through 5.
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:If you wanna be Mr. L33T druid, you use the IK, or better yet use a silence weapon.

If you wanna be a tough-as-nails badass from hell, try to get an ethereal hellslayer. Nothin says "I am a real wolf" more than 1-hit-killing players with 3k life. No, the hellslayer isn't the "best" weapon for effectiveness, but it IS the best weapon for attitude*

You're right. Nothing says "machismo" more than the ability to move like a sloth and get hit in the face repeatedly. Sound strategy, there. :blink:

The discussion is regarding PvM, Nebuul. PvP is a completely different ball of wax... and an ugly, lumpy, stinking one at that.
Garnered Wisdom --

Quote:If you wanna be Mr. L33T druid, you use the IK, or better yet use a silence weapon.
I remember back when Wereforms that used the Immortal King's Stone Crusher got made fun of by the Hellslayer crowds because the weapon wasn't "1337" enough form them. I find it funny that it appears to have come full-circle and now at least one person says that "1337" Druids use the IK Maul. :)
-TheDragoon
I think both the IK maul and the hellslayer are the standards.

I'm talking about the ETHEREAL hellslayer being the "hi I'm a real badass" weapon.
Yup, it's the bad assed weapon out there. And don't knock silence, even dragoon may agree with me on this one. One handed weapons are good with a druid if you are taking too much damage (usualy a nasty cow has cursed you), so if you can afford it, you can switch to a shield and a 1 handed sword (phase blade probably, nice ias and looks pretty :P , and it will also have better ias/dmg ratio than most 1 hand weapons)

Oh, and the reason i thought the buri should get a mention as, certainly on europe servers, it is still quite cheap, certainly cheaper than a hellslayer, and over all I would preffer them to an ik maul. Don't forget a frozen cow can be eaten later :)
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
All calculations with Werewolf lvl 20 and no other IAS, using TheDragoon's Calculator:

Hone Sundan (elite upgrade) Ghost Spear

base damage: 18-155
ethereal base damage: 27-232.5

real damage: [66.8-74]-[443-505] Damage (254.9-289.5 avg)
etheral damage: [90.2-101]-[644.6-737.5] Damage (367.4-419.25 avg)

+160-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 20-40 Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 Durability In 10 Seconds
Socketed (3)
+ 1 Larzuk Socket

-> 4 shael : 9/6/6/6/6 = 33 frames (1.32 seconds for a full Fury animation)
Best elite Hone Sundan deals on average 289.5*5/33 per frame Damage: 43.86 Damage per frame.

-> etheral, 3 shael + zod : 11/7/7/7/7 = 39 frames (1.56 seconds for a full Fury animation)
Best elite etheral Hone Sundan deals on average 419.25*5/39 per frame Damage: 53.75 Damage per frame.

Edit: Still somewhat slow, though.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Jun 26 2003, 01:16 AM Wrote:-> etheral, 3 shael + zod : 11/7/7/7/7 = 39 frames (1.56 seconds for a full Fury animation)
Best elite etheral Hone Sundan deals on average 419.25*5/39 per frame Damage: 53.75 Damage per frame.
Are you really going to need that Zod with the self repair, do you really beat the item up that fast? I would think you could slap that other shael in there.

So you would have 419.25*5/33 = 63.5 damage per frame.

Maybe I haven't played with fury that much, but a trip to town will get you one or 2 dur back, you'll get a dur back after one or two fights as well with that regen. I don' t think the Zod is needed. You may have to pay a little bit of attention so you don't completely wipe it out, but hitting town while you go and grab something to drink or eat will fix most of that if it does happen to get really low.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Why are you socketing 4 runes/jewels when it has only 3 sockets?
-TheDragoon
Quote: Why are you socketing 4 runes/jewels when it has only 3 sockets?

I was wondering this too, after rereading his post though he says:

Quote:+160-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 20-40 Damage
45% Chance of Crushing Blow
Repairs 1 Durability In 10 Seconds
Socketed (3)
+ 1 Larzuk Socket

I don't think it is possible to add sockets to a unique that already has sockets, but then again I have never tried it.
USEast *ghost-70
I'm pretty sure you can't because I think I've tried it before with socketed items. :)
-TheDragoon
Hail The Dragoon,

I was just assuming that. Admit that I never tried it, though. You are probably right :)
As to the zod rune - just leave her out and take the damage I calculated if the dur-regeneration is all you need.
Thanks to all for correcting me where I was wrong.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.