Night and Day
Can someone explain to me how the Time variables work?
I don't think they do. Someone could correct me, but I'm pretty sure those things do anything.
There's a mod (not activated) where certain mods (resistances or life or some such) increase or decrease in daytime/nightime/dusk.
And it works just fine, except in Blizzard's own incarnation (-10 to +60 AC based on time) which they disabled in magicaffix.txt when they discovered that negative min and positive max values didn't really work. ('Why not change it to 10 instead of -10? It's not as if 60 AC is so godly after all. Nah, that'd mean we have to type TWO digits instead of just a zero in Spawnable. Means we can play 0.7 seconds less of World of Warcraft!...')
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Hmm... So it's really really confirmed they do work? Since I've played Eastern Sun 2.2 and it looked liked they should work, but the stats on them never changed? But perhaps it's just bugged on charms which was what I was seeing them on mostly.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
bah. they got disabled because they were confusing (seriously tempted to disable per level effects too). most of them work in 1.09 though. didn't bother to test them much with 1.10.
You should enable it, I think, but if it really is too confusing (to whom? Us as the players or you as the coders?)...

*Still swears he found one back in whatever version the warchest came in.*