Ack..."site update" on AS
Bah...those lazy bastards.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
I just hope the way Monster stats are handeled (and contained within the monstat.txt) will be mod-friendly so I can get on Rolands Nerves with silly questions once the patch is out :D

BTW, did I mention how much I look forward to completely rewriting the Monster Section of the Data Collection?
Don't chnage too much Blizzard or I will scroll you *rofl* (I just think this is about the funniest threat I have ever heard, Thanks dafür for sharing that)

-dave
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
I have a feeling they've added some way for monsters to have greater changes than before in higher difficulties. Perhaps not only stat changes anymore, but that they also gain new skills. Perhaps the Serpent Magi doesn't gain Bone Spear in Normal?

Or perhaps it's just because of the new monster variety that would force him to list lots of monsters in almost all acts. :)

But I also like that they are hiding this info to make the game a bit more interesting, at least before any sites have catched up, which I'm sure they'll do shortly after the release.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Yes. I think you are right on both. I think they have randomized monster generation to a much larger extent, both in abilities and where they can spawn.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote: I have a feeling they've added some way for monsters to have greater changes than before in higher difficulties. Perhaps not only stat changes anymore, but that they also gain new skills. Perhaps the Serpent Magi doesn't gain Bone Spear in Normal?

Isolde mentioned that the Serpent Magi will only be in WSK in nm/hell diff, not in normal. So at least the spawning of monsters will be different in nm/hell than in normal. Perhaps the Magi will have bone spear in normal diff, but will be very uncommon(if there at all).

EDIT: Well, got 2 of the typos.
From Arreat Summit...

Quote:Site Update Question
Q: Will you at least list monster levels?
A: MAYBE. If it makes sense...
When I first heard about out-of-place monsters, my immediate conjecture was something like a system where any monster would be able to show up anywhere in a5/hell, with restrictions. Restriction example: 'dungeon' only or 'outdoor' only monster. So rather than discrete points where certain a2 monsters might show up in a5 (the way a mod-maker could already do it), I envisioned a sliding scale where a monster might be given +25 levels and +250 life in the Crystaline Passage, but +28 levels and +280 life in the Ancient's Way, and could show up anywhere.

This little FAQ question from GF makes me think my guess isn't not too far off base. Rather than monster X is level L, it may well be more like all monsters are level L in the Frigid Highlands (or levels L1-L2 depending on monster type). In which case it certainly would NOT make sense to list monster levels (by type).

Certainly if an individual creep type could show up at 20 different scaling increments, rather than the current 3, GF would never have been able to use the old basic format for showing monster data. That would be like creating a table that lists every possible weapon/IAS combo, rather than creating a weapon speed calculator. So that could partially explain the sad reality of no more monster info on the AS. :(

- Dagni
If it is that system, then they can at least tell us about the levels of the monsters for each area.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Quote:So rather than discrete points where certain a2 monsters might show up in a5 (the way a mod-maker could already do it), I envisioned a sliding scale where a monster might be given +25 levels and +250 life in the Crystaline Passage, but +28 levels and +280 life in the Ancient's Way, and could show up anywhere.

I like the sound of that idea. Would certainly spice it up a bit.

Now all I want to see is multiple class minion spawns(example, Oblivion knight leader with minotaur and cave viper minions).
All they have done is added in HTML Comments to remove the tables of info from showing.
The only page that seems to have been missed is the Cow page. (See if you can find it.) B)

Does anyone know if someone has got this information without me having to save each page and then edit the source code to actually see it in a handy table like that?

Laters,
Baal.

P.S. I did post this in another topic before I saw this one and the other one got locked so no-one actually answered the question.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
Baal,Jun 13 2003, 02:23 AM Wrote:Does anyone know if someone has got this information without me having to save each page and then edit the source code to actually see it in a handy table like that?
It will not matter as the stats of most of the monster will end up changing quite a bit in the v1.10 patch. The old v1.09 information will be quite outdated at that point.

Vash, the answer that Dagni gave is almost dead-on for is being done for the monsters. Isolde just did a short post at PK that did a little description of what is possible. It appears that in most cases the basic monster information will contain a basic level, hit points (typically as a percentage, not absolute values), resistances and such. There will then be one file that will be used to set things like the level (or level range), hitpoints (adjusted by the percentage factors), and some of the other factors for each and every area that the monster can appear in. Therefore if you saw Carvers in 10 seperate map areas of act1, they could actually end up having different levels and stat ranges for each area that they appear in.

There is also a third file that can be used to assign different properties to the monsters. This would work something along the lines of assigning a property to a type of monster (difficulty level can be limited also), achance that it appears on the monster (say 40% of the monster that are spawned will have this property) and the range of the ability of the property. A made up example might be to give skeleton archers in hell a 50% chance of having IAS of 30%. All of this will make lists like what was in place a mess to set up, be accurate and understandable to the masses.
All,

I know I'm a bit late on this one but I think Dagni has pretty much got to be correct, because if they put monsters of much lower level in a higher area, you'd walk all over them (most of the time) if they were not scaled up.

At least, thats how it seems to me.

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC