Wereform Attack Speed Calculator
One day I got tired of seeing everyone get referred to calculators for Wereform attack speed data when those calculators returned faulty data (no one has figured out the formula yet). The only way to figure out your attack speed was to look it up in my tables. Now, this seemed complex to some and so everyone's had to answer questions about whether they were interpreting the table correctly. It was for this reason that I decided, when summer came, I would sit down and write a calculator based on my tables.

Now that it's summer, I've written the calculator. :)

Before anyone gets too excited, let me say that there is no NEW information in this calculator, currently. You can only get the data-points that you would have been able to get from my attack speed charts already. However, it's now as easy as a few clicks of a button to figure it out.

The calculator serves the dual-purpose of figuring out the animation length for certain set-ups as well as generating my attack speed charts from a single webpage. It also has links to guides (if anyone has input as to what could be included here, please talk to me about it!), forums and other things Druidic.

So, yeah, check it out. It's kind of cool (though, admittedly, poorly coded ;) )!

Wereform Central
-TheDragoon
Another extremely helpful item from he who continues to deliver!! :D

I'd like to be the first to thank you for simplifying the process of weapon selection for us druid fans.
Work appreciated deeply, TD. :)

I'm assuming the Werewolf tabled results are taking maxxed Werewolf skill into consideration, same as your Guide's tables. Perhaps that's worth a footnote somewhere on the calc page?

Poorly coded? It returns the correct data and displays it in a easy-to-read and reference manner. How does that qualify as "poorly coded"? Oh, I see... the HCI Nazis got to you again, didn't they. Damn them to hell. <_< So what if you have a plethora of For loops and If-Else statements? If the answer is the answer, then screw the fancies.

In all honesty though; wonderful job. Clean interface, intuitive and even the HCI coloring and spacing is respectable. ;)

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:I'm assuming the Werewolf tabled results are taking maxxed Werewolf skill into consideration, same as your Guide's tables. Perhaps that's worth a footnote somewhere on the calc page?
Yeah, they are the same as in the Guide. I plan to eventually have some form of explanation of what the input/output data is. However, since I'm on a 3 day schedule for this thing, I'm not quite there yet.

Day 1 - Write the code
Day 2 - Do the graphics
Day 3 - Do everything else

B)
-TheDragoon
Hmm, that attack type field - "Standard Attack" - under Werebear got my hopes up. Do you have / will you have anything (table or calculator) on the attack speed when using Fire Claws / Hunger / Rabies? (They are different than standard, right?)

- Dagni
"Wereform Central"??? :blink:

Oh man. What a name. :(

Oh yeah. And good work. :)

. . . wereformbloodycentralsheeshgrumble . . .
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Great job! :)

Could I suggest a Hunger speed for the Bear?
First off, Fire Claws uses the standard attack animation just like Maul, so you're in luck there. Hunger I know has a different attack animation and Rabies I don't know about. The reason that no information on those has been included is that no one has ever actually gone and derived the data through testing. If/when it WERE tested, it would be easy enough to implement in the calculator (that's why I wrote it that way)! :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:Could I suggest a Hunger speed for the Bear?
Could you test it for me? ;)
-TheDragoon
Pass :)

Roguemage did some testing and it was consistently a frame faster on his tests - perhaps you could make a footnote saying that based on a limited set of tests Hunger is about a frame faster
Do you know, is there a difference between Werewolf and Werebear Hunger speeds? That is, is Werewolf always as fast/faster with the same equipment (possibly faster due to innate speed bonus), or is Werebear faster just like with regular attacks?

- Dagni
I would bet that Werebear is a tad faster, but I'm not sure. :) I still need to get back to seeing if the Hunger Animation is at all related to the Fury animation as I wondered about long ago. :)
-TheDragoon
The only problem I can spot is that if you get higher than you need to for the max frame, it makes it seem as though you can't do it... For instance, if you use a maul with base speed of -20 (thunder maul) then put in 80% WIAS, it gives you 9 frames for the werebear. If you put in 85% WIAS, then it just gives you -. Shouldn't it give you 9 frames as well?
thanks
So far, both the AB and dii.net forums have broken down when I tried to post in response to your new Wereform Central announcements, but I have faith that the Lurker Lounge will not fail me. :D

I'll make it short: your Crossbow option is a bit wonky. It doesn't give results for [10] speed weapons such as the Buriza (-10 under your nomenclature). It does, on the other hand, give results for [0], [-10], and [-30], which is strange, especially considering there are no [-30] speed crossbows. :P The [-30] option look suspciously like the breaks for Phase Blades, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Otherwise, looks great! I personally found the old tables easier to use, but I will learn to adapt to the times. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
TheDragoon,Jun 14 2003, 07:20 PM Wrote:(no one has figured out the formula yet)
Check out the thread in the Workshop - Wereform Attack Speed Formula. Thanks almost entirely to Hammerman, we do have a formula that works. Although it hasn't been compared to all of your tables, it perfectly matched the two or three I checked against. Fury is still an unknown, but for both Bear and Wolf's standard attack it worked.

- Dagni
UPDATE
I went ahead and took the attack speed a little farther, making it calculate Fanaticism (I'm pretty sure I got it right, but I'll go and double check a few times to make sure) and other possible SIAS sources. Also you can type in the values, by hand. This might not mean much for LoD, but I've also made the calculator work for the Seven Lances mod where IAS sources don't always come in 5% increments.

In addition, I've set up the calculator so that below the attack speed portion, you can type in the damage of the weapon you're using and find out the OIAS breakpoints for possible animation lengths and the average damage per frame that you'd be doing with that weapon (so it basically generates the data that I have in my Werebear and Werewolf guides to compare weapons with).

EDIT: I went ahead and made Hunger damages display correctly. :)

TheDragoon's Advanced Wereform Attack Speed Calculator
-TheDragoon
This has to be a bug. I enter in fury, polearm, 0 base speed, 60% wias, and get 5 frames. Enter the same deal but -20 base speed and get 6 frames... Playing with it I think you have the base speed signs reversed. That or I want to use the slowest polearm I can find on a druid. :P
It's no bug, that's how it works. The 60% WIAS is the thing that is boosting the speed that much. Add that to the fact that Werewolves get so much SIAS (so they max out the SI easily) and you get decent to good Fury speeds so long as you have a modest amount of WIAS. :)
-TheDragoon
Read the tiny text next to the weapon base speed entry :)
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->