I think the rune furmulals look great.
Im guessing that their is a similar forumula for most runes.

This is something I have alweays thought the game needed. It gives low lvl runes a use(hopefully), and it gives long term players who havent been lucky a chance to make a few nice runeword items.

Its also another way to give more people a shot at nice and fun weapons.
For people who have no idea what this post is referring to:
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Or, if you are lazy, they revealed that Three Jah runes + a flawless ruby Equals a Cham when cubed.
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...ther/cube01.jpg pre-cube...
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/images/ot...ther/cube02.jpg post-cube.

I would say it is safe to assume that there are these throughout all 22 upgradeable runes that are not upgradeable in 1.09 :)

EDIT: :angry: Dude, don't double-post! There is already a thread about this. oh well...
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
The other post is not about the formulas. It is about the ladder.
Ghostiger,Jun 16 2003, 05:43 PM Wrote:The other post is not about the formulas. It is about the ladder.
"The other post" is the one that is pinned at the top of the forum, and, as far as I know, it is not just about the ladder.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I thought that post was their just so everyone had easy access to the screenies. I didnt know it was a rule all new features could only be dealt with there. It seems to me that is rather strung out now.

I notice it wasnt a problem when other people made similar posts.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=5&t=1008

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...ct=ST&f=5&t=954

If the mods feel this post was wrong I have no problem acceding to their wishes(because after all its Boltys site.) But I wish you other moderator want to bes would either comment on the subject or mind your own business.
I'm glad I kept those 100+ Thul's that I keep making...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I hope your 100 thuls are in single player.
Yup, now only 4,782,869 more Thul's to get an Ist. Or, maybe I'll just wait for them to drop... :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

If you're short, I've got 73 Thuls muled off in SP. We're almost there!

Actually, we should keep a few Thuls around to encourage co-op. After all, a Thul and his mana are soon partied.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Ghostiger,Jun 17 2003, 11:17 AM Wrote:I thought that post was their just so everyone had easy access to the screenies.  I didnt know it was a rule all new features could only be dealt with there. It seems to me that is rather strung out now.
Basically, you're right. I made that thread to document the screenies for in a way that made them easy to access. I have no problem with other threads popping up to discuss various topics that the images highlight.

What Shadow said was actually incorrect. There are two threads discussing the latest screenies, but one of them was aimed at Ladder-only features in general, which is what Dozer's earlier post referred to.

If you count my screenie thread then there's actually three threads talking about the new recipe.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
edited
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
edited
Finally Runes will have a relative value.

Assuming that the upgrade recipes will be 3 of the lower-level rune, plus a possible extra item like the flawless ruby in the example, here is a chart for rune values, minus the extra item:

[Image: runes.jpg]
-rcv-

Thats perspective.

I still think I will save every El I find.
Ghostiger,Jun 16 2003, 08:42 PM Wrote:1,853,020,188,851,840

Thats perspective.

I still think I will save every El I find.
Ya, wouldn't it be a drag to really NEED a Zod, and only have 1,853,020,188,851,839 El runes?
Qual Kehk (or something like that) supplies over 6000 worth and the Hellforge can make some decent inroads too. :D
OH YAY WHAT A GREAT FORMULA!!!!!!!11

So very useful, since the one Jah I ever found was in softcore and someone died to pick it up before I did, and other than that, I've never seen a rune above Mal outside of mods. I've logged at LEAST 1,500 play hours in the last couple of years, and the highest rune I've seen three of is Um. If I cubed every rune I'd ever found in unmodded D2, I'd probably still be short of a Vex with the drops I've seen.

I can only hope they're upping rune drops to go with this, so sayeth The Hermit.

"He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say." Tool - Eulogy
You're right though. At that end of the scale the formula is of limited value.

Personally I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Amn, Sol and Shael when I want them. B) That'll cover all the crafting recipes and also the Normal Unique to Exceptional Unique recipe. B)
edited
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
This forum is a community, and I know that I appreciate the help of the regs in making suggestions such as thee ones above.

There's a lot to talk about regarding 1.10, and there is a very real danger that it will be difficult to maintain a coherent discussion, because people may start making new threads more quickly than they are reading the existing ones. It is crucial that all posters are aware of this concern and make an effort to use existing threads when possible.

You may not personally agree with the suggestions regarding this thread. That's fine. But, when you respond to the suggestions with anger, "don't tell me what to do", and refer to "moderator want to bes", is it any surprise that the response you received was less than friendly?

If you disagree with a poster here, I ask you to do your best to express your opinion coherently and without malice. In fact, I think most of us would do well to keep that in mind when posting.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete