Diablo II 1.10 Fan Site Chat
We've seen the Unique weapon base type upgrade recipes. Will there be analogous recipes for:
Unique armor/belts/gloves/shields? (Gogo Lenymo!)
Rares?
Magic items? (blues)
White items? (non-magical, socketed or not)
Items containing runewords?

Also, will the Amazon lightning spear subtree be fixed and/or enhanced?

I, too, am curious about skeletons. Will they get a boost?
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Have they re-distributed item types along treasure classes? (i.e. No more finding 4 isenhart's cases for every other rare/unique item and so on).
Will spear-using amazons become more versatile in 1.10 through the use of improved lightning spear skills?
I am very suprised nobody has asked this yet.

Server-side chickens? :blink:
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Will there be an avatar for Warcraft 3 players in chat channels instead of just the "Unknown" with the cloak?
Will +Amazon skills still work for rogues with bows?
Will the lightning hose be removed?

Will Rare Orbs and Wands have more affix emphasis on Class skills and less on "regenerate every 33 seconds?"

Will Crafts be once again makable for all seven Gem types?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Something thats rather asthetic, but still would be cool, even for a moment.

Will there be a chat avatar for the Wc3 client? Currently its just the robed figure, like an open character. It'd be really cool to see a Night Elf, or an Infernal sitting in chat. :)
[Image: lumsig.jpg]
Runewords. Everything you can find out on runewords.

The more, the merrier, so sayeth The Hermit.

"This light is not my own." Tool - Reflection
Yup, the WC3 client gets his own channel icon now. :) Occhi, they didn't answer any of those questions. :(

There are already full 'unofficial' transcripts up at the Basin and Dii.net - I suspect Bolty will be posting one here quite shortly as well. Official transcripts should follow shortly, so everyone can ogle the goodies. :P
Flick,Jun 19 2003, 08:18 PM Wrote:There are already full 'unofficial' transcripts up at the Basin and Dii.net - I suspect Bolty will be posting one here quite shortly as well. Official transcripts should follow shortly, so everyone can ogle the goodies. :P
Yep, them folks at those other sites get them thar goodies up fastar than myself. :D

Anyhow, what do you think?

Unique Charms: at first I thought "ABUSE!" but I heard later you can only have 1.

Magic Find: well, they'd never eliminate it entirely (as I'd prefer), but BOY OH BOY is this a good change.

Ladder: they say it'll be harder than normal play. But no specifics.

Two words: RUST STORM! :)

Throwing Weapons: watch out, King of Pain, here comes the throwing Barb - maybe.

Mercs: Lightning Hose? Who knows.

Rare Items: sounds to me like they will still suck.

-Bolty

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot, the funniest thing about the Fan Site Chat was when every D2 chat client in the channel crashed out with an exception error. Oops, Blizzard.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jun 20 2003, 12:44 PM Wrote:Yep, them folks at those other sites get them thar goodies up fastar than myself.  :D

Anyhow, what do you think?
A little spartan. :P You could have put a link in your forum post. :P :lol:

Quote:Unique Charms: at first I thought "ABUSE!" but I heard later you can only have 1.

The criticism portion of my brain says "wait until the full details become available."

Quote:Magic Find: well, they'd never eliminate it entirely (as I'd prefer), but BOY OH BOY is this a good change.

Ladder: they say it'll be harder than normal play.  But no specifics.

Two words: RUST STORM!  :)

All pretty sweet.

Quote:Throwing Weapons: watch out, King of Pain, here comes the throwing Barb - maybe.

Nothing new from what the inadvertant leak provided, but a small confirmation at least. :)

But a couple of the other items woke me up . . .
Quote:Can you do something about the hordes of ears in dueling games?

Battle.Net Development Team: Ears (and all items) that are left on the ground will now get deleted after a few minutes. Also, we've added the "/nopickup" command which makes it so that you have to have the "alt" key down to pick up items (preventing accidental pickups.)

A fix for accidental item clicking? As fan of Chargers from way back I just have to say YEAH BABY!!! :D I hope this applies to PvM too. :unsure:

Quote:Have you done anything to limit the ability of higher level players to help "rush" newbies through the game very quickly?

Battle.Net Development Team: Players only get experience if they are close to the monster when it's killed. NOTE: There are several areas where you can't town-portal to unless you've completed the quests which "unlock" them.

Ohh I'm so going to enjoy this patch. B)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Good job, Bolty and Griselda

Who was the twit who asked about the chat gem?

:lol:
heh I gt my skelly question in. Finally viable skellies in hell!
Regarding the Cow Level:

"Players have been steaking out their claim there for too long, so we decided to beef it up so they can't milk it for all it's worth."

Moo :ph34r:

Anyone else think he came up with that beforehand, in order to get all those puns in? I don't think that was an on-the-spot thing.
I Demand Pie.
WarBlade,Jun 20 2003, 01:22 AM Wrote:Have you done anything to limit the ability of higher level players to help "rush" newbies through the game very quickly?

Battle.Net Development Team: Players only get experience if they are close to the monster when it's killed. NOTE: There are several areas where you can't town-portal to unless you've completed the quests which "unlock" them.
I tried to ask directly, but I didn't get my question in.

From what I would guess from their reply, this has effectively limited entrance to nightmare at no less than level 20 and hell at level 40. I would assume that you would require the ancients quest to be completed before it would let you take a town portal to the Worldstone Keep. You have to be level 20 and 40 to complete the ancients quest on normal and nightmare respectively.

Also, I wonder if this will require stuff like completing Khalim's Will in Act3 and smashing the orb before you can enter the Durance of Hate. It's going to pretty much make rushing obselete. You won't even be able to give people waypoints to stuff like Durance 2 before they've completed quests.

Overalll, I think this is a wonderful idea. I always take my time and don't get my character rushed through hell right away. Now everyone has to play the game and level up at appropriate areas and rate.
/// Zoid.
Brista,Jun 19 2003, 09:24 PM Wrote:Who was the twit who asked about the chat gem?
That question screamed set-up: it was probably a planned question and answer. They LOVE mentioning the chat gem in chats and publications. Wouldn't you if you programmed it?

Same thing with the cow level - some of these questions clearly came from their own people. If Bill wants to get in a line, they have to feed him, after all (he's their boss).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Zoid,Jun 19 2003, 06:38 PM Wrote:You have to be level 20 and 40 to complete the ancients quest on normal and nightmare respectively.
Well, but if you're lower level, you can still fight and get past them, right? You just don't get credit for the quest or the experience reward. So you might be able to defeat Baal at lower than level 20, but without being able to tp to town and come back once you are past the Ancients. That'd be wierd.
no if you defeat them at a lower level the summit portcullis does not open.
"Yep, them folks at those other sites get them thar goodies up fastar than myself."

Uh, yeah, but you proofread yours. ;)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Quote:Can you do something about the hordes of ears in dueling games?

Battle.Net Development Team: Ears (and all items) that are left on the ground will now get deleted after a few minutes. Also, we've added the "/nopickup" command which makes it so that you have to have the "alt" key down to pick up items (preventing accidental pickups.)
Two thoughts came to mind:

1. No more item fountains? Or body-popping scams? Sweet!

2. Does this apply to single-player too? I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to leave things (mainly rejuvs) on the ground in town while I'm playing, so I can deal with/use them at a later time. Alters my thinking quite a bit now.

Edit: P.S. Thanks Bolty and Griselda!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?