I have returned
Hello all! This is Bigritchie. I was a frequent Lurker back in the day, but the events of September 11th really hurt my business, so I had to curtail my Diablo playing a little bit. I've still dropped by the lounge of and on, but I will be back in full force with 1.10.

I see Elric is still here with his FAQS and stuff!
Is SpiderDrake still around?

Looking forward to 1.10 and learning and playing with you ladies and gents. I hope it will be as fun as the old days.

One thing that saddens me though......It seems 1/2 the post hear start out great, then turn into a spelling argument. I will warn you now. I am 27, and have a few restaurants that I own. I did not go to college and I am a former Jar Head. I am not the spelling B champ from school either. So I am sure everynow and then, I may misspell a word. I do not get involved in spelling spams/trolls/flames about it. If I misspell something, I am sorry. But please let us keep post to the topic and not degrade it with the old spelling thing.

I also sometimes post from work, and we will get slammed with customers so I may not be able to totally spell check all the time.

Anyways......

I usually play on USeast, and I have made about 20 level 99 characters in the past. I am a UBER Diablo 2 geek. I will help with any questions that I am able to answer about character builds. When 1.10 comes out I will be strangely absent from work.....

September 11th really hurt me allot. I went from being retired at 30 to 130. I live in Tennessee, but in a major tourist town. So the past 2 years have been very interesting. Hard to believe it has been almost 2 years.

For those of you that do not know or remember me. I am a disabled veteran. I spent 4 years working anti-terrorism in the USMC. I broke my back in 3 places, and basically splattered my whole body. I can't really get around to well now, so I play d2 allot. I am a honest player, and if any of you ever need help, or a mule, or just want to play on BNET let me know. I am not sure if people still meet in the old channel on BNET or not? Anyone know?

When 1.10 comes out I look forward to playing on the ladder. I'm going to totally start over. I've basically had every item in the game, and played it to death, so the ladder will be great. Especially since I just got 2 accounts deleted for using maphack. I usually rushed my buddies in private games, and after 3 years, maphack kinda took the tediousness out of the game for me. O well I guess I should not have been using it. Loosing a lvl 98 HC to trigger kinda got me started though. No big loss. So now I play in the dark.

If I can do anything for anyone here let me know. I will answer (at least try) any questions you have about the game, military business or whatever.

Look forward to getting to know you all again.

Bigritchie
Quote:When 1.10 comes out I look forward to playing on the ladder. I'm going to totally start over. I've basically had every item in the game, and played it to death, so the ladder will be great. Especially since I just got 2 accounts deleted for using maphack. I usually rushed my buddies in private games, and after 3 years, maphack kinda took the tediousness out of the game for me. O well I guess I should not have been using it. Loosing a lvl 98 HC to trigger kinda got me started though. No big loss. So now I play in the dark.
I respect your candor, but remember most people here are legit players. Your admission to using hacks weakens your claim "I am a honest player..." in my eyes a little bit.

But, now, go forth and sin no more! :D

BTW, welcome back.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

from one former anti-terrorist type to another, welcome back!

18yr Army vet here. D2 addicted though I'll not admit that to my wife. :P Look forward to possibly gaming with you sometime. I run accounts on both US East and West so it is possible we'll bump into one another.
Why do I park my car in the driveway, then drive on the parkway?
I "did" use maphack as in past tense. I am all clean now.

I have repented and cleansed my soul.

I thought I was supposed to see the light, but it is all dark and rainy now. Shako for +10 light raduis helm!!!
Spiderdrake lost interest in D2 a long time ago, probably about six months after 1.09 came out. Doesn't have any interest in the 1.1 patch, won't be returning to the game. He's primarily busy with Magic: the Gathering, these days. He's a fairly prolific writer for a large site.

I can get a message to him, if you like, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Trying to remember when, but it makes me dizzy." Tool - Sweat
We will have to get him back here when 1.10 comes. I am so ready for the patch. I hope it is everything we dream of, and more. Just to let everyone know when the patch comes, my ladder account will be Bigritchie6. I will be on Us East and should be on all the time (except when my wife gets really mad) I wish Blizzard would release a general time so I can take of work for a few days.
Hehe...no one knows me here, since I'm new, but I thought this would be a nice little thread to jump in on :).

I'm not really great at intro's, but hi.
I'll jump in to say hello and describe myself.

I, too, do not need to be reminded of the most proper use of grammar and diction, for I am a 1432 year-old Cumbrian king imbued with the eternal knowledge of the winds, power over wildland creatures, and the blessed power to believe that it's not butter. I command a small, cloistered cabal of holy warriors and sages, borne of infinite years and power, committed to the solemn task of defending the world from the darkness of moral poison that threatens to drown humanity in the inhumanity of their most vile passions.

Except on the third Tuesdays of every month that ends in 'y'. Then, we speak not of the eternal battle between good vs evil, but instead watch "Smallville" on tape, then circle 'round the decrepit '67 Mustang we have sitting on cinder blocks on the front lawn in a Dance of the Thousand Smurfs singing jingles from classic TV commercials.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.