Dual-wield sword Barbarian strategy?
Yes, it was just a matter of time, wasn't it.

Slinging around comments about godly equipment: "I use a .08 AND a .09 Grandfather". The bravado of your gaming claims: "a dozen 99ers and several above 90+". The various reflections on how to play the game being dominated by equipment and high level, but never any actual insight on how to fight with less than perfection in equipment... ah, me. :P

Some equations don't add up. Your's started with your first post... but it took 'til now for you to actually stick your foot in your mouth. Congratulations on lasting out for five whole days!

Kudos to Dozer! I completely missed that reference to "c-grips". I suppose my eyes glazed over while reading through yet another incarnation of a pubbie shopping list. Well done. Well done, indeed.

And dmen-bigritchie: you of the "I used to cheat" gang and the swaggering re-introduction posts. I would say that your concerns over being called on bad grammar are now VASTLY outweighed by the fact that you look like a complete moron... and your word or opinion mean less than nothing to anyone here.

Have a NICE day. :D
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
dmen-bigritchie,Jun 24 2003, 03: Wrote:I got c-grips and rings like those from classic diablo.  I have also traded for them.  Everything in the game is heavily duped. and I have never had a rare dupe disseapear.  If I have c-grips I use them.  Unless i am playing a iron man build.  It doesn't personally bother me to use c-grips, but to each his own
Adios. Banned.

Gee, what a fun day this is!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Dangit, Bolty, you beat me to it!! Another cheater gone. Good.
--Mav
Thanks. :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
All I said was that I USED C-GRIPS THAT I HAD IN CLASSIC D2. C-grips did drop back then, and I got one from the act 3 gidbin quest. Why was I banned for that? I am not a cheater and it is possible for people to make several level 99 characters by not cheating. I own a few restuarants, and I used to play about 10 hours a day. I played constatly at when Lod first came out and yes 1.08 gfathers did drop back then. I do not understand how using a rare ring that you have can be considered cheating. I did not mean to offend anyone here. But it does offend me that you banned me for saying that I have c-grips and calling me a cheater.

If I said use a wormskull on a necro would that be cheating? Or a wall of the eyeless that dropped back in classic diablo?

There are legit 1.08 itmes that dropped in 1.08. There are legit rare dual leech rings from classic diablo 2 that I have never traded. I switch them around on whatever melee character I am working on at the time.

I am sorry, but calling someone a cheater for trying to help someone out and using gear you have had for almost 4 years is pretty lame. I am very offended.

Did I ever trade for c-grips? Yes I did back in classic Diablo2. I had no idea what a dupe was or what hacking was back then. Are they dupes? I have no idea

Did anyone here trade for a Iron Jang bong back in classic? It could be duped as well, but are you going to throw it away just for the fact that it could be duped?

Why do you think my other post was looking forward to the ladder? I am looking forward to playing on a dupe, hack, ith free BNET just as much as you are.

I totally understand your stance against cheaters and wanting to keep this site clean of cheaters. I feel the same way. But don't just jump the gun and ban someone for having a piece of gear. If I said that I had a bugged valor or something I could understand.

Yes I did at one time use maphack. Yes I USED to rush my friends in private games and I got banned for that. Do I do that stuff anymore? NO

AM I a cheater because I recommend someone IN CLASSIC D2 to use DUAL LEECH rings? NO

Yes I have some nice equipment, especially barbarian equipment. I have played non stop for 3 freaking years, and like I said I have made several level 99 barbarians. After playing the game that much you are likely to get some good stuff.

Yes I do trade on the realms. If I need a shaftstop I will go trade for one. Could it be duped? I have no idea. If I get it from a friend, it could still be duped he may have traded for it. Does that mean I drop all shaftstops? NO

There are a butt load of dual leech rings that dropped back in classic that are not duped. Just because someone has a dual leech ring does not mean that he or she is a cheater!!!

I had thought more of the regulars on the Lurker Lounge. I came back here to escape from the morons on BNET. I tried to help a guy out.

OK now for the shopping list thing.

I don't know how much some of you play on the realms now, but a doombringer is not that hard to get. You can run meph runs or just trade for a descent or low ED one. All the turds on BNET want iths so legit items are VERY cheap.

Lightsaber. They are a dime a dozen. If you run Meph at all they drop all the freaking time. I cannot tell you how many that I have GIVEN away.

Arreats are pretty cheap. Most barbs use gazes now. A 3% life leech arreats is basically worthless and someone will give you one for perfect gems or chips. Anyone can get one with a little work and play time.

IK gloves. Again easy. chips or runes. there are a billion of them.

W-travs. Mephisto runs once again. they are not that rare, and you can trade for some 30% for very cheap.

Rings (ah the ones that got me banned) Since some people here believe all dual leech rings are duped, and you are a "cheater" if you use them, there are many other good rare or unique rings with AR, and leech. Carefull not to get a nice one or you are a cheater
Some people don't know when they're done, do they. :lol:

Banned account? Whatever! Make another one! You sanctimonious pissant; I hope you enjoy the fact that they'll ban your entire IP mask now.

Class act, "Danny". Enjoy the void.
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:You sanctimonious pissant;

I do not understand why you have cursed at me for defending myself. That is pretty lame my man. I do not really think that was a very "classy" thing to do. I made the same name account not to be a jerk, but to plead my case.

I don't really appreciate being cursed at. There was no need to call me a name because you disagree with me or do not like what I said. Just because I found a dual leech ring in classic d2 does not mean that I am a cheater or a PISSANT.
Do you run your "business" with the same level of wanton stupidity and lack of awareness for your own contradictions? Lying to others might serve the purposes you seek in both Diablo and the Real World... but lying to yourself is quite counter-productive in both arenas.

Quote:I do not understand why you have cursed at me for defending myself. That is pretty lame my man. I do not really think that was a very "classy" thing to do. I made the same name account not to be a jerk, but to plead my case.

You made your account because your original was banned by Bolty, the owner and Admin-lead of this forum. Remaking an account was a swift and completely useless maneuver that placed you in the high annals of "complete idiot". If you took exception, an email to Bolty et al would have been the wiser move. Ultimately useless, but wiser.

Quote:Just because I found a dual leech ring in classic d2 does not mean that I am a cheater or a PISSANT.

Nope. Freely admitting you were using duped rare rings without remorse AT THIS MOMENT after declaring in your swaggering introduction post "I don't cheat anymore" means that you're "a cheater AND a PISSANT".

Don't look to me for an issue. Don't look to any other member on this forum and sure as HELL don't look to the Admins for sympathy. You dug your own grave with a shovel labeled "Arrogance".

Now, then: #$%& off and die.
Garnered Wisdom --

Well,

Let's review...

Quote:Rings=I use C-grips.....Good crafted leech rings with resist are great. BK ring and ravenfrost are also good. IF you use Frenzy, and are not level 85 yet for the G-bane then a raven is a must. Cold frenzy is not pretty

C-grips -- plural. Not that you found some .08 dual leech rings. You traded for them. Plural. You knew they were duped.

Quote:I got c-grips and rings like those from classic diablo. I have also traded for them. Everything in the game is heavily duped. and I have never had a rare dupe disseapear. If I have c-grips I use them. Unless i am playing a iron man build. It doesn't personally bother me to use c-grips, but to each his own

So you cheated when you played Classic, and then you migrated that cheated gear into LOD. Then when you didn't have enough C-grips for all your lvl 99 characters, you needed to trade for more of them. And, it doesn't bother you that they are heavily duped and illegal, because hey, everyone is cheating, right? To each his own, right?

You convicted yourself, my man. Your own testimony convicted you.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Then when you didn't have enough C-grips for all your lvl 99 characters,

I never said that I traded for all my level 99 characters. That is pulling something out of your butt. yes back in CLASSIC I did trade for 1 after I played for a while. Like I said before if you would have read my post, I had no idea back then they were duped or knew what a dupe was. For all I know that ring I traded for could be legit.

When I said I use c-grips, I meant that I mule them. I do not cheat.

Once again dual leech rings dropped in classic diablo2 and they were disabled in LOD. Just because I have a corruption grip ring does not mean that I am a cheater. I have 2 c-grips and I have 2 or 3 other different dual leech rings that I got from classic diablo 2.

Just because someone has a items that does not drop anymore does not mean they are a cheater.

And know it doesn't bother me that a person found a dual leech ring and uses them from classic d2. It does bother me that people duped them and they are widely traded. People duped tons of wforces also, but that does not mean that anyone who has a Windforce is a cheater and/or condones cheating.

Why do you think I included other rings and crafted rings in my post? This whole thing is being blown up over something ignorant that was missunderstood. I am sorry that I even tried to help this guy out.

I was only trying to be nice and helpfull. I was not promoting cheating or tradeing for hacked/duped items.

If the people here at the lounge read this and the moderators read my replies and want me to leave I will be glad too. I was only trying to defend myself.

Bolty or Grizelda,
If you do not wish for me to post anymore and leave just Leave a message on my inbox here at the lounge, or reply to this thread. There is no need to ban me. I am man enought to leave if I am not wanted.

Thank you all, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I never stooped and cursed anyone or called them a PISS ANT for this post. I was just trying to be a good samaritan and help a guy starting out.

I hate cheating on BNET in all forms just like everyone else here. Using a item that you find is not cheating. Tradeing for a item you believe to be not duped is not cheating (there was not 5 billion c-grips back then) If you need a thundergods vigor and trade for it, there is a possibility that it could be widely duped too. But that does not mean that you are a cheater.
Quote:Now, then: #$%& off and die.

Nicodemus,

Now I am told to Fuc* of and die? You know what the bad thing about the internet is? Punks can speak to you like that without retribution.

Son, I have killed better men than you, in the service of my country

It is wrong to use a rare ring that you find, but it is not wrong to tell someone you know to FUc* off and die. Grow up.

You could have posted the same thing without being rude and a idiot.

I made this account before I knew I was deleted, because I thought maybe something was wrong with the forums. I did not realize I was banned.

I cannot believe a man would curse at another man over a freaking video game. That is just lame dude.

And now you same I am a cheater in the Bussiness world? Who the hell do you think you are? What do you know about bussiness? How old are you? What do you do? I hae a c-grip ring in diablo2, so I am a bad buss-man? That is just stupid to say.

If people like you are all that is left of the Lurkerlounge then there is no point in me being here anyway. It is sad to see this is what the lounge has come too.

One more thing

"Our guild was founded on a code of honor and respect"

It seems you have no honour and even less respect. You disgust me.
Quote:Bolty or Grizelda,

If you do not wish for me to post anymore and leave just Leave a message on my inbox here at the lounge, or reply to this thread. There is no need to ban me. I am man enought to leave if I am not wanted.

THEY... ALREADY... DID... YOU... IDIOT.

Or did you not notice Bolty's post that you're removed? You think we give a DAMN about your "explanations"?

"Man enough to leave if ... not wanted" obviously doesn't have the wherewithal to realize when he's already been forcibly removed anyway.
Garnered Wisdom --

Quote:Son, I have killed better men than you, in the service of my country

I'm older than you are, "Son". Since you seem to have delved into my profile, one might assume you could do the math from there; or is lacking elementary mathematics yet another thing that haunts your business genius.

Quote:You could have posted the same thing without being rude and a idiot.

And you could have left the first time, shamed and banned, without returning to further pollute this forum with your drivel. Does that ring in under your heading of "I'm man enough to leave if I'm asked to"?

Quote:I cannot believe a man would curse at another man over a freaking video game. That is just lame dude.

I'm not. I'm cursing at your arrogance, at your stupidity, at your disrespect and at your self-denying ego-centric swagger. Every word you write provides me with an utterly astounding array of points to flame.

Quote:And now you same I am a cheater in the Bussiness world? Who the hell do you think you are? What do you know about bussiness? How old are you? What do you do? I hae a c-grip ring in diablo2, so I am a bad buss-man? That is just stupid to say.

Your impression on here is lacking, your honesty and viability as a player are laughable. What holds true in your recreation also holds true in your work. I wouldn't buy water in the desert from a person like you.

Quote:If people like you are all that is left of the Lurkerlounge then there is no point in me being here anyway. It is sad to see this is what the lounge has come too.

Ah, yes; the ever-popular "this place isn't what it used to be" defiant response. If you're an example of what the LL was before I joined here, I'm pleased to say that I'm glad I wasn't around at the time.

However, since I know that is not the case, I will simply keep warm in the fact that the LL is a place that holds zero tolerance for people like yourself... and enjoy your absence.

Quote:It seems you have no honour and even less respect. You disgust me.

The feeling's mutual. You'll forgive me if that doesn't trouble me in the least; your opinion, as I've said to you previously, means nothing to anyone here.

*checks watch* A bit past my bedtime, but that's fine. Shall we keep going at this? I have all night... and you seem to have an absolutely fatal diagnosis of "Lastworditis".
Garnered Wisdom --

No need to keep this up. You don't like me, I don't care for you. We disagree. I drop my weapons. Fighting is futile and pointless. We disagree. Your rude words offended me and got me started. I forgive you. You do not know me and cannot see into my heart, nor can I see into yours. Wars are started out of ignorant things like this. Have a good night and a good week. I hope that one day we may see eye to eye and become friends and not enemies. Peace

A toast to Nicodemas.
Let's put a few things straight here.

#1: "c-grips" as you stated, did not used to drop. ONE c-grip ring dropped, long ago. All others are dupes of that one. Do old rare non-duped dual leech rings exist still? Absolutely. You didn't say that. You said you use c-grips. Do you honestly believe that several of those identical rare items have all dropped? Do you need a lesson in odds?

#2: you can say whatever you want about "not using things you know are duped..."; it doesn't fly when you admit to using mutliples of one of the most heavily duped items on the realms. We're not stupid. Grow up.

And finally, and most importantly,

#3: Nico is not the only one who feels that way; he's just the most vocal. You may notice the crowd of lurkers rushing to your defence... oh wait, there aren't any. There's a reason for that.

Nico's posts get more and more aggresive, and more and more insulting, the longer it takes for people like you to get the message.

There's a reason for that, too.

Don't turn this into our problem.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
But here are a couple of guesses at why you were banned.

>yes back in CLASSIC I did trade for 1 after I played for a while. Like I said before if you would have read my post, I had no idea back then they were duped or knew what a dupe was. For all I know that ring I traded for could be legit.

>Just because I have a corruption grip ring does not mean that I am a cheater. I have 2 c-grips and I have 2 or 3 other different dual leech rings that I got from classic diablo 2.

If you have one Rare ring called a Corruption Grip, sure. If you have 2 Rare class rings, with the same name and the same stats, after 3 years of playing wouldn't you suspect that it has a high probability of it being a duped item? Especially if you traded for one.

I mean I'm no code reader, but I remember bliz saying the chances of a Rare item spawning with identical names AND stats are next to impossible. So you were either extremely lucky, or you have a duped item on your hands.

>Using a item that you find is not cheating.

Correct. Any items you found off monsters or bought\gambled from vendors are a guaranteed legitimate and real items. Of course all that goes out the window if the character obtaining it is a cheated one.

>Tradeing for a item you believe to be not duped is not cheating

Wrong. Your belief or anyone else's has no bearing on the origin or legitimacy of an item. Either it is obtained legitimately (no bots, found or bought by a legitimate character, who then traded it or gave it to another) or it isn't.

>People duped tons of wforces also, but that does not mean that anyone who has a Windforce is a cheater and/or condones cheating.

Correct. Someone who found it themselves or traded from a player they absolutely know and trust 100% isn't cheating. But the chances of a Windforce in a public trade being a cheated item is pretty damn high. (And good luck finding a player in B.net who you absolutely trusts, and willing to trade you a high end item like Windforce. I'd treasure the trusted player over any high end item actually.)

You or anyone else claiming they "have no idea" can not make an item of dubious origin and status suddenly kosher. Playing the super slim odds that it MIGHT be legit also does zilch. You said you played this game for 3 years. Isn't it time to put to rest that "I had no idea" defense?
Seeya. Banned. Better this time. Cheaters never learn, do they?
--Mav
It boils down to the fact that they are not uniques, yet you refered to them as "c-grips". You did not boast that you had found 2 duel leech rings, and gave every stat which they had (as I would of :P ), It's the fact that you had more than one, called them by their name as if they were common currency like SOJ's. You can lie to lurkers, but in the end you are just lying yourself. There are many other comunitys out there which allow cheating. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Even twinking is frowned upon, and rushed maybe glowered at. But these are debatable. Trading for items and using items that you know to be dupes IS CHEATING.
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
Let it go....he's gone.
--Mav
Yeah, sorry. I have played for 2 years on diablo 2 LOD and watched it be corupted with duped items, hacks, etc. It makes me sick when i see people boasting of there duped hacked kit...... :angry:

Ah well, I'm ok now, just had to have a little flame :)
What is this life if, full of care

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,