Rust Storm
I was just looking at the Bnet D2 forums and Geoff Frazier is making a large number of posts that mention Rust Storm. It almost sounds as if it has already begun, but I see no posts from people with stories of hacked items going *poof*. This got me to wondering...

Do you suppose it's possible that Bnet has done a scan for hacked items and in some way made them noxious to other gear? I mean, for example, that having that Ith sword equipped somehow causes your other gear to rust away, losing durability, and perhaps mods, until it all sits red and useless on your inventory screen.

Nah... that would be just *too* cool. :)

-davcol
davcol,Jun 24 2003, 12:31 PM Wrote:I was just looking at the Bnet D2 forums and Geoff Frazier is making a large number of posts that mention Rust Storm. ...
Hmph. Should add to the description of the Reziarfg that, "...it loooooves to make lots of noise, taunting and teasing all within cry of its voice." <_<
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
The only way to get a clean realm is if someone can log in on a UNIX shell and type "rm -r *" or something :)
I'm guessing the "rust storm" is about deleting items that can't exist in the game, I wouldn't get my hopes up for dupes.
I'd expect the realms to be down while applying the 1.10 patch, and if I were Blizzard I'd do the "rust storm" at the same time.

I just hope they manage to keep the ladders clean...
Quote:I just hope they manage to keep the ladders clean...

While I sincerely hope this happens, I know how clever(from a straight-up coding way, I hate it) previous hacks have been - I am expecting they will have some voodoo packet that will let non-ladder users connect to ladder games. Although I AM a pessimist. :) I guess I'll be happily suprised if the first ladder season remains legit.... time will tell.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Operation Rust Storm will begin at 1.10 hours precisely, as I understand it

/salutes :lol:
Couldn't they make duped items scream constantly? Then you could tell if an item was duped, or someone was using duped items. Or perhaps it would be easier to make a message apear above the chars head with "kill me-I'm using duped items" :D
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.