How to kill foulwings on level 5?
I am stuck on level 5 trying to kill the foulwing. Whats the trick? My charactar is a level 8 sorceror.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Lots of well-aimed charged bolt should do the trick. If you have a manashield scroll/spell, that would help to avoid the instant-kill situation.

You should be higher than level 8 after clearing the church levels though...
yes, he's right...
play the church-levels one more time...so you will have more mana, higher spells and a higher possiblility to buy(i think you won't find) a book of mana shield...so the foulwings won't be problem..

MfG
my english is so bad...
how to say "Ausdrucksprobleme" in English??
Well if he is playing singleplayer and starts a new game...isn't there a chance that foulwing won't even show up again? :P
And you could just ignore him, get stronger and fight him later.
gl

(btw is foulwing that crazy charging bat? B) u gotta love him)
From JG:

Name: Foulwing
Type: Gloom
Attack Type: Horned Demon
Intf: 3
Mob: yes
dlvl: 5
mlvl(battle): 10/25/40
mlvl(items): 9/9/9
HP: 246/738/987
Damage: 12-28/28-60/54-118
Resistance M/F/L: -/R/-

Due to having the Horned Demon attack type, Foulwing and his mob will do full charged attacks with both damage (0 - 0 / 4 - 4 / 6 - 6) and putting the player into hit recovery.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Hi,

If he is on dlvl 5 with a clvl 8 character, then he didn't get all the monsters on levels 1 through 4 by a long shot. He should go back to level 1 and *clear* the levels. Anyone who has to ask how to play the game does not have the experience to skip large portions of the game.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Thanks for all the tips on the foulwing. BTW, I kill all monsters on levels 1 thru 4 and only got to level 8 sorceror. Anyway, I am on my way thru levels 1 to 4 again to build up my character. Thanks again!
BTW, I kill all monsters on levels 1 thru 4 and only got to level 8 sorceror.

Really? That is very surprising. I'd venture to bet that you missed some areas. Typically, I character is at least level 8 after the third dungeon level, and more like level 10 after the fourth. That's for multiplayer solo, but single player should be the same (except that single player offers some quests that would provide even more potential experience).

In any case, good luck.
Hi,
It has been a while since I have played single player CD, but iirc the XP's and number of monsters in the game are less than in a multi-player solo game which might explain why he is only CL8 after clearing the church.

Xi
[QUOTE]

True but a SP character is still 11 or so after doing a complete clear of church.
This is just a thought here:
did you get the water supply quest?
Did you kill the monsters in the secret passage mentioned there.
There may not be enough there to level you up twice, but you could have missed some exp there.
I know I had walked by that passage lots of times before I noticed it the first time I got that quest...
And might i add, don't forget king Leoric B)
Quite alot of xp in sp ithink...

edit: you can find him by going through a "secret" passage in lvl 3 (get his crown! ;) )
Hail fellow lurkers,

The king himself gives 570 xp in SP.

He is surrounded by either Skeletons, Corpse Axes, Burning Deads or Horrors, I cannot quite remember;
These will give either 64, 68, 154 or 264 xp each, so you likely get more xp from killing them than from killing the king, which is something you nevertheless won't want to leave out, especially because of his crown.

(all info out of Jarulf's Guide)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.