Is it possible
First of all , I do not cheat on D2. Never have, never will. It would take all the fun away.

Now on to my topic. (I hope I am posting in the right section)

I have a lvl 68 barb in Act 4 Hell

In Act 3, I found a unique chaos armor (sorry I forget the name, it was "Hades something") It had 3 sockets and enhanced defense.

Later on in the same act, the Travanical, I found the exact same unique. The only difference was that this second one I found had a higher enhancement of the defense. So I decide to have one for me and one for my merc.
A "his and her" type thing, but my merc is a guy :blink:

Is this possible or did something wrong happen to my game??

BTW, I took the higher defense of the 2 for myself.
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
If it happened in 2 different games it isn't out of the ordinary at all (other than the getting 2 uniques part). If it was in the same game it's rather odd indeed to get 2 of the same unique in the same act because that's not suppose to happen. If that was the case this might go better in the maggot lair. :)
It was not in the same game, it was 2 different games.
But it was the same act.
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that it is possible for any unique to drop in any game, any number of times. I have found shako before with my magicfind sorc, who wears shako. There have been other instances in which I have found other misc. items in the same game a number of times, or had one item on my person, and found it again in the next game while leveling as long as I have not identified the first one. Maybe I am imagining all of this?

Swiftslayer2
I have killed mephisto and diablo before, and I have seen the same item drop at the same exact time. This seems to happen alot with set items. The first time I ever saw a Buriza drop was from nightmare Diablo and he dropped 2 at the same time. I gave the other to my bset buddy
I believe the rule on unique generation is that a unique item can DROP only once during a game. It doesn't matter if the item already exists in the game (because somebody is wearing it or has it in their inventory).

So you could have the Black Hades (I think that's the name...didn't look it up) equipped on your merc or something but have it drop in a game.

Now if 2 Black Hades' dropped in the same game...that would be a different story.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
You can have any number of a particular unique item on you, or in your stash and it will not prevent it from dropping. But, only 1 of each unique will drop in each game.

I have been trying to get a SOJ to drop that way. If I am playing in a game and a unique ring drops, I continue to play that game until I've exhausted myself trying. The best I've done is to get three unique rings in one game. Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, and Raven Frost. I've had many instances of two uniques in a game, mostly Nagel Rings, and then later a Manald Heal, or Raven Frost. As for Set Items, sure they do. One time I remember Mephisto dropping me two Angelic swords, and two Isenhart's cases in the same drop. In fact, it seems sometimes that the routine that calculates the drop gets hung up on dropping similiar items. Very often I see chest or boss drops with all maces, all armor, or all axes.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

>I have been trying to get a SOJ to drop that way. If I am playing in a game and a unique ring drops, I continue to play that game until I've exhausted myself trying. The best I've done is to get three unique rings in one game. Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, and Raven Frost. I've had many instances of two uniques in a game, mostly Nagel Rings, and then later a Manald Heal, or Raven Frost.

I remember in the earlier patches, there was a specific drop order. This was way back when players can still gamble for Uniques with better odds.

Didn't bliz change the drop order (maybe in 1.08 or earlier) so that you no longer need to get a Nagelring before Manaldheal, etc? Isn't it now possible to get a Manald Heal before seeing any Nagelring? Or did I misread something?
you can get a SOJ from a ring drop without the other rings. I have gotten SOJS doing meph runs without having the other rings in my inventory. They are few and far between, I believe a SOJ dropping from meph is like a 1 in 3,000 chance or something
You misinterpreted what Kand meant. What Kand was doing was going through a single game killing as much as possible to make unique rings DROP. With each unique ring DROP in a SINGLE game, the chances of the next unique ring dropping in that game being a SOJ increases.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
I was replying to hammers about the ring drop order
And I was replying to Hammer :P

I guess I should have been more clear :unsure:
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Vash,Jun 25 2003, 12:51 AM Wrote:You misinterpreted what Kand meant.  What Kand was doing was going through a single game killing as much as possible to make unique rings DROP.  With each unique ring DROP in a SINGLE game, the chances of the next unique ring dropping in that game being a SOJ increases.
Actually it will stay the same. If another ring drops and it is determined to be unique, the game will pick from all the unique rings possible at that ilvl. It could pick the same unique ring that dropped earlier in the game at which point the ring would then be downgraded to a rare ring. There is nothing in the picking of which unique to drop that will exclude it from picking the same item again; BUT there is code that will change a duplicate pick to being a rare instead.
Quote:It could pick the same unique ring that dropped earlier in the game at which point the ring would then be downgraded to a rare ring.

Ouch, there goes that theory, I thought it sounded like it was worth a try too.

All in all though, with a little thought, it makes sense that it works the way Ruvanal said; it's the same for rings as it is for any other failed unique/set.
AH! Yes...that's how it worked.

Thank you Blizzard!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
nt
I like rare rings even more! :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

the next UNIQUE ring that DROPS (as in 'is seen by the player') has a higher chance of being a soj (if it hasn't dropped already), however each time the game decides to drop a unique ring (in the same game) the chance to pick a non-dropped one decreases (and the chance to drop a rare one increases).
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->