Apologies, a very quick Q...
I'm sure that there is a lurker out there who can help me with this quick little curiousity: I've never made a smite pally and I'm wondering if the stun effect works on physical immunes? With a high-level smite and level one vengeance on a (high damage, two-hand) weapon switch, I'm curious if I'll be able to take on the critters that are resistant while they are stunned.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Quote:I've never made a smite pally and I'm wondering if the stun effect works on physical immunes?

It will certainly stun them. Not much else of course. That's not a bad plan, and could help out vs phys immunes, but it won't be *that* easy a solution; usually phys immune monsters come in groups, and you can't effectively keep more than 2 or so stunned at once. Also, expect to be drinking lots and lots of mana pots to maintain vengeance.

If planning on using it vs phy immune leaders, just remember that the stunnning only affects leaders every once in a while(maybe 20% or less of the time).

It is a VERY good tactic in co-op play though, you just keep stunning, they kill.

The most amusing use of stun IMHO is the fact that it can stun the Ancients, as well as Izual(though at the same low rate as other leaders). Also, smite is a great diablo killer, as long as you get yourself a decent smiting sheild.