Found of Bridge TV charged with beheading his estranged wife
Muzzammil Hassan who founded Bridges TV to help remove negative stereotypes regarding Muslims has been charged in the 2nd degree murder of his estranged wife in Buffalo, NY according to this BBC News story. I find this to be extremely tragic, and ironic. It is probably not what Mr. Hassan envisioned when he quit his banking job in 2004.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Muzzammil Hassan who founded Bridge TV to help remove negative stereotypes regarding Muslims has been charged in the 2nd degree murder of his estranged wife in NY State according to this BBC News story.

Good job! People will never think of associating Muslims with beheadings if only you educate the masses... by beheading people!

-Jester
Quote:Good job! People will never think of associating Muslims with beheadings if only you educate the masses... by beheading people!

-Jester
At least he didn't have a monkey eat her hands off. Gads. News of the weird this week or what?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:"I will educate the masses of the peaceful, great intent of Islam!"
*Beheads wife.*
"Allah Akhbar!"

USA: "Yea, just like we thought, Islam=terror."

Me: *headdesk*
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:Muzzammil Hassan who founded Bridges TV to help remove negative stereotypes regarding Muslims has been charged in the 2nd degree murder of his estranged wife in Buffalo, NY according to this BBC News story. I find this to be extremely tragic, and ironic. It is probably not what Mr. Hassan envisioned when he quit his banking job in 2004.
Your presumption of innocence is smelling of fish here.

How do you know his wife wasn't a she devil from Hell? Maybe he had good reason to kill her.

Maybe not.

I see this as a caution against becoming entangled in the TV industry: it is poison, and may have driven him mad.

He might also be a card carrying, murdering sonofabiscut who needs to be hanged. Not enough information yet. One point against him is that he is alleged to have selfishly killed a very beautiful woman. Could he not have traded her for another one?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:At least he didn't have a monkey eat her hands off. Gads. News of the weird this week or what?

I hope they give the owner of this chimp a big fine, over even some jail time. Her life will be destroyed enought already, because I guess personally she really loved this animal, but people should realize that you should not have these animals at home. And as long as people like this will not get punished nothing will change. (banning the keeping of wild animals in your house would be better of course, but maybe will not be supported by many people, punishing them just when things go wrong might be a good compromise)
Quote:I hope they give the owner of this chimp a big fine, over even some jail time. Her life will be destroyed enought already, because I guess personally she really loved this animal, but people should realize that you should not have these animals at home. And as long as people like this will not get punished nothing will change. (banning the keeping of wild animals in your house would be better of course, but maybe will not be supported by many people, punishing them just when things go wrong might be a good compromise)
No need for a criminal charge here. The laws preventing owning wild animals were implemented after she owned it, so she had "grandfather" rights. However, she will have the liability, which will probably mean legally if she is wealthy, she will lose everything. She has to live with the nightmare of knowing that her pet horribly mauled and scarred another person physically and emotionally. Beyond that, she will hence forth be known to people as the crazy lady who used to own the psycho chimp.

Quote:Could he not have traded her for another one?
I thought this was his third wife, so he obviously knew his options there. The other two divorced him as well for spousal abuse. Trading her out would probably not have been an option for him unless we believe it is appropriate to trade them in once we bang them all up.

Here is another commentary by the UK Guardian.

Quote:I thought this was his third wife, so he obviously knew his options there. The other two divorced him as well for spousal abuse. Trading her out would probably not have been an option for him unless we believe it is appropriate to trade them in once we bang them all up.

Here is another commentary by the UK Guardian.
Commentary by the Guardian doesn't satifsy. Facts might.

Let's get a little Darwinian here. If he had gone through two wives who tossed him for spousal abuse (allegedly?) then I can sum up his third wife succinctly: (working under the assumption that he was indeed given the boot for being a right jerk, in a Mike Tyson sort of way)

An idiot. A pretty lady, but an idiot nonetheless. Not even blond.

The Darwin Awards were made for people like her.

"Oh, I can be the one who changes that pig's ear into a silk purse."

The road to Hell, and many a cemetary, is paved with such vacuous assessments.

"I'll bet I can fly through that rail tunnel ... "

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:"Oh, I can be the one who changes that pig's ear into a silk purse."
Yeah, that's one of the oldest stories in the world... "He's changed!"