Regarding Forum Regs
[edit: "forum reg" meant "forum regulations" not "forum regulars", sorry]

I looked at that guide that was mentioned at the bottom of the (new) forum regulations post, and LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!

Quote:2.5 BOVINE

Táto postava je ve¾mi vzácna a možnos za òu hra dostane len ve¾mi málo hráèov. Vyzerá síce ako warrior, ale v skutoènosti je to bovine.
PROOF that the COW LEVEL EXISTS in Classic Diablo!! Now I need only to translate the rest of it to figure out how to get there....
well, everyone knows about the cow level :P
Now start looking for the ostrich level.. that should keep you busy.
I'm not sure anymore just how much proof we can find in that regulations post. I never knew Lemming spoke Czech for example :D I would ask if he originates from the Czech Republic but he wouldn't answer it anyway ;)

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get that page translated soon by some of my Czech friends...that must be quite some fun ;)
-Cytrex
I never knew Lemming spoke Czech for example

Lemming doesn't, but the person who hosts his guide without asking sure does. :)

I would ask if he originates from the Czech Republic but he wouldn't answer it anyway

Since he doesn't speak Czech, probably not.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
So do you happen to have an English version of that one available?
-Cytrex
You never saw the English version?!

http://geocities.com/lemmingofglory/guide.html

Heh, as a matter of fact, I hadn't seen it, and if you want my honest humble I don't think it was worth the time :P Whatever floats your tfos though ;)
-Cytrex
Heh, as a matter of fact, I hadn't seen it, and if you want my honest humble I don't think it was worth the time

The original made a stir three years ago. Maybe it ages poorly. :p

Whatever floats your tfos though

Since there's no running water in Tristram, nobody knows whether or not TFoS floats.

What? You've got a fountain, a river AND a watersupply. (SP quest) :)
And you do not ask the cost...
Hi all :)

I hope it is OK to hijack this thread :)

I just want to send greetings from Prague. This city rocks. Beer is cheap, weather is great. We´re hanging out at a pub where inet access is for free. Kinda lika paradise ;)

Moldran
The river and fountain in town are clay-like; they don't move. The "water supply" in dungeon is indeed mobile, but it's SP-only. If I can't get to it to drown myself, it may as well not exist. ;)

It has to, water flows down hill.

Now, I understand that the Tristram River is not a cool as the Diablo II Rivers of Rogueland, the ones that run through various parts of Act I, but the River simply has to Run, it goes down hill. :)

OK, maybe it crawls so slowly that it can't be seen to run at the DI frame rate . . . :P
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
LemmingofGlory,Jun 15 2003, 11:12 PM Wrote:The original made a stir three years ago. Maybe it ages poorly. :P
I disagree. I think this guide is clearly superior to Jarulf's Guide in many ways.

Quote:The monster type known as "Black Deaths" (a yellow zombie found on levels 3-5) has the ability to PERMANENTlY steal life points if it hits you. This would normally be bad, but it has its uses. Try to get your hit points beaten down to a negative number or 0. You will instantly beat Diablo and all of your items will become indestructible.

This kind of secret tip simply can't be found in the Diablo Bible. I believe your superiority is thus proven.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
From ma friend Ismael:

That attempt at translation of the guide of yours is by me and those pages are mine, though not updated anymore at that address as I have moved them to a new one. The pages are in Slovak. Ismael was my former main nick and generally I am known at CZE-1 as Ismael, though recently have been using Saladín. as my main nick.

Please delete that link as it is embarrassing for me to have a link to my (though old and not valid anymore) page posted at a site which cancelled my membership without any explanation at all (and does not respond to my queries regarding the termination and its reasons) and does not allow me to be a member anymore, also without any explanation, leaving even attempts to post an answer on a subject directly concerning me and my site ridiculously impossible.

Regards

Saladín., aka Ismael.
Please delete that link as it is embarrassing for me to have a link to my (though old and not valid anymore) page posted at a site which cancelled my membership without any explanation at all (and does not respond to my queries regarding the termination and its reasons)...

Firstly, if one of the other mods banned Saladin, they don't need to give him a reason.

Secondly, if he wasn't banned, his account may have simply disappeared. This happened more with the old forum than the current, however.

Thirdly, I've received no e-mails about this. But why didn't Saladin just make a new account? (EDIT: Correction: I need to check my mailbox more often. :P)

...leaving even attempts to post an answer on a subject directly concerning me and my site ridiculously impossible.

You speak as if it's closed to penalize you, Saladin. The topic is closed because the forum guidelines are not up for discussion. There is no reason for the topic to be open.

I'd suggest dropping the victim complex. It doesn't get very far with me.

-Lem