Deactivated account
I had a D2: Lod account on west but it got deactivated. anyways i didnt have diablo installed at the time so i recreated the account name using starcraft broodwar, but when i tried to remake my characters it said my old character names where still in use.

Darnit. i want to use my old names... :angry:

Maybe they just deactivate accounts but dont erase em.

Any ways if anyone can help thatd be great.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Depending on the names, somebody could have named their character the same thing after your account expired. That'd be my guess, especially if the names were something like "Bob". If they were more like "0~\BStar6078/~0woot" I'd say that the names are probably in a limbo stage. After all, they did restore accounts that one time, so they probably deactivate, wait awhile, then delete.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
trust me, no one took my name. it had a 3 letter clan abbrev at the beginning and a totally original name. darnit. i want my guys back. till then ive resorted to ramaking my barb with a not as great name but still great none the less.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Bloodstar6078,Jun 30 2003, 04:28 PM Wrote:I had a D2: Lod account on west but it got deactivated. anyways i didnt have diablo installed at the time so i recreated the account name using starcraft broodwar, but when i tried to remake my characters it said my old character names where still in use.

Darnit. i want to use my old names... :angry:

Maybe they just deactivate accounts but dont erase em.

Any ways if anyone can help thatd be great.
"Deactivated" from lack of play or deactivated from banning. If it is the first one, then your character names should still be able to be created, unless they had invalid characters (which weren't invalid until too long ago). If it is the second, then I don't know what to tell you. I know friends who were banned, but they never made characters with the same names. The only other option is that another person saw your characters names and took them "somehow".
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin