Quick Question
When 1.10 comes out for LoD me and my brother want to play together over the network or over the internet on Battle.net.

Will this require the purchase of a new version of LoD and D2C? Or just one or the other?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Are you able to play over the network now?
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
What he means is that our Linksys router presents one IP to the net, and therefore probably to Battle.net as well. The router is used as a hub to share the cable connection.
Will Battle.net be able to distinguish two different machines on the network and allow a seperate account to be logged in from each?

We did not have a second machine capable of running D2 at the times of 1.0 to 1.09. But we do now. For 1.10 we hoped to play together, but don't want to spend the cash on another D2+expansion set before we know that we actually can play together.

I see no reason why we can't play over the network now (don't think we even need a second copy of the game for this), but we'd like to play on Battle.net.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:The router is used as a hub to share the cable connection.

Got the same thing here, I can play with my brother on b.net and such but we both have our own copies (you simply need 2 cd-keys). My brother and I tried a lot of variants to play with one cd together, but it all failed so he bought his own copy.(this was 3 years ago though) I do have frequent realm downs and connection interruptions sometimes when we both are on the b.net but that's a different issue. :blink:
TriggerHappy,Jul 1 2003, 12:06 PM Wrote:What he means is that our Linksys router presents one IP to the net, and therefore probably to Battle.net as well.  The router is used as a hub to share the cable connection. 
Will Battle.net be able to distinguish two different machines on the network and allow a seperate account to be logged in from each?
Yes, it will work fine.

Quote: I see no reason why we can't play over the network now (don't think we even need a second copy of the game for this), but we'd like to play on Battle.net.
Legally, you're required to purchase a copy of the game for each user (or something to that effect). But I don't think the Feds will bust down your door for playing co-op DII anytime soon. :)

Just to confirm -- yes, you'll need another copy of both DII & LoD to both play on Battle.net, and your network configuration should pose no problems. Oh, but as Sickywicky said -- with the one external IP, if one of you gets realm down, so will the other.
I was under the impression that the LoD CD key overrides it and therefore you can get away with one copy of Diablo II and two copies of Lord of Destruction. :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Most likely your router is enabled with NAT, which translates each internal IP address (192.168.1.X) into a different external TCP port (23.23.23.23:4567) if 23.23.23.23 were your external IP address (probably obtained via DHCP from your cable or DSL host) and 4567 were the TCP port assigned for your connection. So, you should have no problems having multiple internal IP addresses access the same service on the internet.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Is there any way to get this configuration to work for Diablo 1? I've tried it before, but I got an error which Blizzard says is because we come in off of one IP address (we have two copies of Diablo).
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
WarBlade,Jul 1 2003, 01:11 PM Wrote:I was under the impression that the LoD CD key overrides it and therefore you can get away with one copy of Diablo II and two copies of Lord of Destruction. :unsure:
No, sadly this will not work.

I had a friend of mine who lost his D2C CDKey but still had his LoD CDKey. So I lent him my D2C Cdkey to see if he and I could still play together on Bnet.

No such luck. Even having two different LoD cd keys didn't help.

So I think having 2 copys of each will be the best way to solve this. Especially now both LoD and D2C cost around 15$ each.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Yup, you need 2 more discs. 15$ isn't bad, here in England they have recently gone on best selling discs, making it possible to buy the, for £10 each, or 3 for £25 (good for getting D2C, LOD and D1 :D ).
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.