Help!
anyone know how to fix this problem? i downloaded the patch and installed it and restarted and everytime i go to play it gives me this:

http://www.geocities.com/amysbaby03/problem.htm

thanks!
[font=Arial size=3]If 'I think therefore I am' is true, then is 'I think not, therefore I am not' true?[/font]

Virginia Tech is the best damn school in the country! I'm not too sure about the cities though....
Quote:Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! 
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/ovationbhs03/problem.htm

:unsure: Geocities is a pain like that. I'm guessing you uploaded a screenie, yeah? Given that this thread is highly visited and you're on something like a 5MB IIRC you'll find those hideously large images will can your bandwidth allocation after about a dozen downloads or so.

It helps if you can crop anything unnecessary out and compress what's left into a small jpg. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
www.geocities.com/amysbaby03/problem.htm

new link same screenie

edit: made it a link
[font=Arial size=3]If 'I think therefore I am' is true, then is 'I think not, therefore I am not' true?[/font]

Virginia Tech is the best damn school in the country! I'm not too sure about the cities though....
It looks like you have a big white blob over your head.

I hope that helped.

(edit: I have no idea, but you have a big white blob over your head)

-DeeBye
Hmm . . . Maybe it's running on a driver that it shouldn't.

Try running the video detect feature and see if that solves it.
Start > Programs > Diablo II > Video Test (by default)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Okay...I did the video test and that ran fine--its on Direct3d/3DFXGlide so what I'm going to do is reinstall DirectX because that does not even show up on the list on the left.

Now...a more detailed version of the problem:

When you first go to load a char and the loading gif comes up it appears as white then goes to the gif. After the game loads, at the bottom of the screen, where it shows yoru life/mana/all that stuff, everything that can change is shown as a white square or rectangle. The mouse pointer shows as the same thing. So does all of the NPC's names, talk boxes, trade screens, etc...

What OS?
What video card?
What card driver version?
What Direct X version (8 or 9)?

All essential information when trying to decipher this type of problem.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.