Transfering Realm Character to Single Player
I searched for info about this on the forum but didn't have any luck.

How do you convert a Realm character to a Single Player character?
You can't. The reason they are seperate is so that hacked single player characters (stored on your computer) can't mix with legit characters stored on Battle.net servers.

Of course, SOME jackasses figured out how to ruin that one, but they of course, are l337, while we, in turn, are n0ob.
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
I know that it's not possible to convert Single Player character to Realm character and I have no intention to do that anyway.

I want to know how to convert Realm character to Single Player character so I can try out the 1.10 Beta patch.

I think that it's possible to do so, otherwise there wouldn't be a 'USWest/USEast/Europe/Asia' folder in the 'save' folder. I could be wrong.

TIA
Very possible, although I'm sure many people won't like whats involved.

You need a working version of d2hackit and mousepad's saveplayer module. I'm not advocating hacks here, all the module does is save a copy of any realm char for single player. Very nice for testing and experimenting. The process is not reversable.
Sorry, I could have been clearer in my answer there - I am pretty sure it doens't work either way around.
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
1) That folder is there for a variety of reasons - one of which happens to be SP code left in MP playing. ;) All it stores is account data and key files (maps, if you will, but as we all know, in MP maps are reset at each new game - hence the "leftovers" bit).

2) It was touted during pre-beta that Realm characters were going to be portable to SP. This was never implemented, nor will it be. It has been rumored that a program was designed that could do this, but obviously use of this is a VERY BIG no-no, as is even discussing it in these forums. ;) The only way for you to get ahold of a Realm character and port it to SP is through someone who has direct access to the servers themselves - in other words, go ask a Bliz employee. ;)

3) Don't waste your time trying to "test" the new patch with old characters. That's a bad idea from the getgo, with ANY patch, but it's even worse with this particular patch, given just how much has changed.

Just thought I'd clarify / elaborate for you. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll test things out when the 1.10 patch is released.

It appears to me that this is the only forum whose members actually display etiquette. I left the AmazonBasin because I was offended when I read their forum rule. Their forum rule per se is fair and isn't offensive. It's the way they state the rule that is offensive. The other reasons are the lack of punctuations, the shortening of words such as 'you' to 'u' and the meaningless terms like hax0r, l33t, qwn from the posters. I always find this extremely repulsive.
There's an 1.10 item pack / blank character download on www.Diabloii.net front page, news section, made by some guy with help from Phrozen Keep, it contains all sets, put on characters with undistributed stats.

If you want to test new char builds, you could use those for this single player patch. Just don't use that "hackit"/"loader" or whatever. Firstly, because it's not good to advertise it here, and secondly, because those programs could send packets to bnet server, which might result in your cd-key banned/accounts banned. Who knows...
One that is good to use is shadow master. It is excellent for test chars. But, I think you have to revert back to 09 to make the char, then update again. :(
No need to revert back to 1.09. Just back up charactername.d2s file from the save folder, and restore it when you are done with a character build.

edit: dang, i am having problem with spaces