On 1.1, should I start a new char
My question to you Lurkers is:

What is the best way to test the new patch?? With a new character or with an existing one??

I am sorry if this sounds like a survey. I just want to test the best way possible.

~Paul~
**Paul**
I will make weapons from your bones--Smith
"I am pond scum"--Bull Shannon from Night Court
The last one is a line in the show. It is a very funny line. You have to watch the episode to understand the phrase.
From what I hear, old chars are almost completely useless.
Start a new one.
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
ChromaticOnion,Jul 6 2003, 02:49 PM Wrote:From what I hear, old chars are almost completely useless.
Nonsense. Much of the griping centers around trying to run existing Hell characters used to 1.09 "Players 8" environments in 1.10 "players 8", when most of them seem to be roughly consistent with 1.10 "players 1".

I've just been soloing a level 81 Avenger around the Glacial Trail in Hell level and he seems quite well balanced and fun without having had access to the 1.10 item luck.

Sorceress characters in Act 5 Hell have been even more capable of ripping up everything in sight and the old cLvl 83 Bow Amazon can actually tackle Hell Act 5 in "Players 8" (at least until she runs into PI's).

An Elemental Druid I had in Nightmare had to stop and reset the game to "players 8" because "players 1" was way too weak.

It comes down to the rules having been rewritten. Some old things work and some don't.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
That's the kind of attitude I like. :) My funkymancer (that's what I call him, since I was the funniest person [I earned the respect of the people I played with so I wasn't a noob] around because I used skeles, no revives, clay golem, and bone prison/wall. And all of them are beefed up. :o

//edit: to avoid confusion, I wouldn't play with people who thought I was a n00b for too long, since they would annoy me. :P
I say, if the character still works, keep it, its way faster to tell how good will certain builds work if you already have them, if the character doesnt fit, you can mule his items and make a new one....solely your opinion about t :)
"It burns because its burning!"
Quote:My funkymancer

I thought that "funkymancer" was a pretty cool term, and I've been pretty addicted to Google's Image Search lately, so I tried Googling up an image of a funkymancer.

I didn't get any results. I guess there aren't enough funkymancers out there.

I then tried Googling up an image of a "funky necromancer". Success!

Er, kinda.

-DeeBye
Ack! That only happens when my necro gets drunk trying to work up his courage to ask out the amazon. :rolleyes:
Christ!

If that's what winning feels like, I think I'll take up slot machines.