So... yeah. I guess Act 5 doesn't like me anymore.
I leave the gates of Harrogath, and about 10 yards out, the game freezes, and the sound starts repeating like a broken mp3. I've installed new video and sound drives, reinstalled twice, defragged thrice, and downloaded the Beta Patch, yet my problem still persists.

Has anyone else encountered this? Better yet has anyone encountered this and fixed it? I'd really like to know.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Wasn't there a bug like that during the LOD beta ?

Considering we're seeing all sorts of old bugs back, I'm started to wonder what version of the game they used as a basis for 1.10...
Have you tried changing your gear? I've had a problem anytime I equip Ancient's Pledge.

Granted, it's in the OS X version of 1.09, but it's a thought. If you have any socketed items I would start with those. It could be a display issue of some sort.

Yeah, probably not, but after reinstalling it's worth a shot.
it could be a problem with your sound card(is it a cheap weird named model?), although when my comp freezes(because of, yes, the sound card) the sound doesn't repeat, it freezes as well.

if you say it's a via ac'97 i'm gonna cry, that thing is horrible. yes i have it and i really need to get a real sound card.

otherwise there could be a lot of problems. hardware conflicts, or broken hardware, or just a lot of junk running in the background(viruses, trojans, spyware), or you have a mac(solution: get a pc)