2-sockets rares
While gambling for helms, I got two rare helms with two sockets each.

Seems linked to a change to the "mechanic's" prefix with now provides one or two sockets (seen magical "mechanic's" items with two sockets).

I wonder if "artisan's" and "jeweler's" were enabled on rares. Now, that would be a sensible way of boosting rares.

But Larzuk still only gave me one socket when socketting a rare gothic plate. :(
Mephisto on normal gave me a rare great helm with two sockets... which I Nadir'd for the hell of it (didn't work, naturally.) Shame it had such #$%&ty stats (5 mana, 2 energy, 37% increase dr, -25% poison length), because that could have turned out nicely with the right gems/jewels/runes...

Of course, killing the three council members on durance three netted me 900 gold, a magic wristblade, and a magic double axe after a half hour of fighting.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
On the other hand, Baal dropped me a 135% ed, +1 babo, 20 ias, 2 socket axe. Too bad my babo was using maces :)
Looks like The Murphy Bug from version 1.00 (of D1 :D ) is still in this game. Man, when will this guy leave this game alone? :lol:
The government makes paper airplanes out of our lives and files us out the windows. (Obasan)