Delirium
Helms
Lem Ist Io
33% chance to cast level 18 confuse on hit
60 charges of level 17 attract
20% chance to cast level 13 terror when struck
+261 defense
10% chance to cast level 14 mind blast when struck
1% chance to cast level 50 “Delerium Change” when struck (Delerium Change is a new monster skill, no idea what it does. The whole skills spreadsheet is weird looking now from the synergies)
+2 all skills

The effect actually has a +10 to Vitality as well. And the Confuse on Hit thing is insanely powerful, for obvious reasons.

But it's that "Delerium Change" that has people confused. Well, I hacked up the Runes and a Helm, and tossed 'em on a Barb. What follows can likely be construed as a spoiler - It's worth seeing this for yourself, rather than hearing from me.

Here's the truth. It's only called "Delerium" in the game, but "Delerium Change" is more appropriate by a long shot. It turns your character graphic into a monster. More specifically, it turns you into an Undead Stygian Doll. :-) I kid you not. It only lasts a few seconds. I have NO idea what other abilities it tags on, but it's about the most amusing thing ever. My Frenzy Barb suddenly becomes a tiny little skeleton, and runs about stabbing Corpulents.

Funny. As. Hell.
This needs to be tested on a merc. I gave "bramble" armor to nightmare act2 offensive merc and as a result he had both thorns and might aura. Also Rainbow Faccet (sp) works on mercenary.
Unfortunately, my Merc keeps dying. :-) 1% chance to trigger on being hit is not something a merc gets off in their meagre lifespans.

As an aside on the Runeword itself, it's insane. It's like having your own personal Necromancer tagging along.
Spoilers...

Delirium Screenshot 1
Delirium Screenshot 2
Delirium Screenshot 3
Delirium Screenshot 4
Delirium Screenshot 5

As you can see by the one screenshot skills are totally unusable while in "Delirium." This has been tested with both a Sorceress and an Amazon. The only thing you can do is run around and stab things like mad with your oversized blade. The damage seems to be the same as when you're not in "Delirium" at least the damage I was doing was the same as what I was doing full size with a bow.

I must say it's really odd to go around a fraction of the usual size and very amusing when your merc is turned into a Doll. :)
Wondering what happens if you die... Do you explode ?

That one needs heavy testing, as it's a "bug-magnet" change...
Just tested this on act2 merc. He did endeed turn into stygian doll, quite fun effect having stygian doll as your merc for a while. :)

Real power off this runeword is still the chance to cast confuse. Almost feels like cheating.
Arutha,Jul 7 2003, 10:54 AM Wrote:Wondering what happens if you die... Do you explode ?
The thought crossed my mind as well and probably that's the only benefit you get from that Delerium change (except for a lot of laughs about your muscular barb defeating all material preservation laws and turn to something 1/4 his size)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote:your muscular barb defeating all material preservation laws
Nah, he just gets really really dense. :lol:
Dahij,Jul 7 2003, 11:29 AM Wrote:Real power off this runeword is still the chance to cast confuse. Almost feels like cheating.
Very true. I tried this helm on a bowazon with maxed MS... the monsters are too busy fighting each other to pay attention to you. Easy pickings.
keenduck,Jul 7 2003, 01:39 PM Wrote:Nah, he just gets really really dense.  :lol:
Barbs are already dense to start with. :lol:
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.