*wakes up and looks around*
Well, I'd like to say this place has really changed, but it really hasn't. The same great community seems to still exist and Bolty is still running the show (Bolty, I told you that you couldn't stay away :D )

Anywho, I'm thinking of getting back into D2 for serveral reaons. The first is that I am madly addicted to counter strike and need to break that addiction with some other game, at least every other night :) Secondly, my boss and a few others at work are really into the game and I'd like to do some gaming with them. Lastly, I'm kinda nostalagic for the community and whatnot :P So, a few questions before I sink some time and money into D2 again:

1. Is there still a prominant LL community with channel and all that good stuff?
2. How has character development changed since the Expansion beta?
3. Is (or will) the game be better when 1.10 arrives?
4. Has it become as addicting as D1 was?

Thanks all, and I might just catch some of ya in a game sometime :D
Old lurkers are coming out of the woodwork. B)
See you in Town,
-Z
Hey Pope! Long time... I haven't played on the realms in ages. If you're looking to start some new Chars (ie Pally's) then send me an e-mail. Sounds like fun.
Hell freezing over tends to drive us out of our nice retirement homes seeking warmer weather...

The maggot lair is always warm after a new patch. :ph34r:

Not sure how the community is. Character development seems to have changed a lot. What skills work and don't, and how they work has been altered a lot by 1.10. Rares are super common in 1.10, especially by gambling. As for addicting... it probably depends on where your character is. I think a lot of people are noticing some really stupid changes (huge regen and damage on some things, to the degree of having to park normal difficulty bosses) (and the items rotting in town while people are standing next to them 'feature'.) But it's too early to be determined.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
You probably don't remember me, but I guess it was true when we said "You'll come back, they always come back."

Welcome back.
Sadly the LL tends to lack a full channel and games. The next best thing is The Amazon Basin though. Great people at AB + Large games + fair play + no cheating = an addicting D2 experience.
The government makes paper airplanes out of our lives and files us out the windows. (Obasan)
Hmm. Some necro is raising long-gone lurkers.....Hey, Pope. Long time no see.
--Mav
Nice to see you again.
Hey Z,
Crescent moon yourself a claw, blade fury is the new (non-piercing) inferno. Since it scales with weapon damage, I'm not sure that you even need to pump it either!
Still a lineman? :D

I suggest you PM Roland in re a realm. Or, traipse over to the RBD board and check a few pages out.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Glad to see you back. Right now things are in a bit of flux because of 1.10. Has D2 become as addicting as D1 was? Not yet, and it doesn't look like 1.10 will help with that.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Still a lineman?

Only in heart. I'm working full time as a programmer now (Well, during the summer that is) :D