Regarding Drops From Act Bosses
Well I did some trials. Where repeated killing yielded better drops then first time killing.

While playing my Paladin I would kill Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal. Each time I would not kill them, but let my merc have the final blow.

When I killed each one for the first time I got very nice drops. Then I went again to Mephisto to kill him a 2nd time. Got absolute crap. Went on to Act4.

Now that I got my character up into the 50's killing anything in normal on players 8 was no longer a big problem.

So after doing some repeated runs, and letting my merc get the final blow on these Act bosses. I got good drops.

A set and a Unique from Mephisto, rares and a set from Diablo, all rares from Baal. All i killed many times and all yielded good drops. Seeing as how it was only Normal.

As per 1.10 killing act bosses for the first time yields uber drops. As was evident. 6 rares from Andariel, and 3 sets from Mephisto are nice drops indeed. But it was mentioned that killing them over and over results in poor drops. This I think doesn't apply to Mercs. Players yes, but Mercs no.

I ask that no one report it yet to the general public (ie diabloii.net and the Bnet forums) or to Blizzard as a bug. As far as I see it, what they don't know can't hurt or benefit them. And its a feature not a bug.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Word it so you have to know how to read in order to find out that...
Quote:The truth is out there.
:D
I suspect this is a lingering bug from 1.00 to 1.06. Honestly though, whoever heard of killing an act boss with a merc in 1.00-1.06 :D
The government makes paper airplanes out of our lives and files us out the windows. (Obasan)
This not scientific - just my impression having played through normal solo, and doing some of the bosses several times.

It seemed like the first 2 times killing a boss I got alot of rares or unigues and after that the drops didnt seem as impressive.
DralaFi,Jul 7 2003, 04:05 PM Wrote:I ask that no one report it yet to the general public (ie diabloii.net and the Bnet forums) or to Blizzard as a bug. As far as I see it, what they don't know can't hurt or benefit them. And its a feature not a bug.
Huh-the-what-the-huh??
Its a differsnt place here isnt it?
DralaFi,Jul 7 2003, 03:05 AM Wrote:I ask that no one report it yet to the general public (ie diabloii.net and the Bnet forums) or to Blizzard as a bug. As far as I see it, what they don't know can't hurt or benefit them. And its a feature not a bug.
Whether you said it in order that this information will benefit only lurkers or simply hoping that none would find it, the chances that no one will discover this bug/feature is dumb and there's no point in NOT reporting it.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I tried this a few times with Andariel, and indeed got (with one exception) nothing but rares when I let my merc get the killing blow. But then I tried leaving my merc dead and killing her myself, and got the same--almost all rares or better, like 2 magicals in 3 runs, plus one defective drop (nothing but a flawed diamond, must have killed her over bad map portion).

The occaisional magical from both ways makes me guess that the drop system is just more generous now and tends to give out rares for act bosses, since the first-time-uberdrop is supposed to always give rares or better (1024 in the appropriate slot). Also, I only got the normal quality gem the first time I killed her (used my merc), although that might be a different thing anyway.

-- frink