Nature's Peace
I think that unique ring may very well end up on every shopping list out there...

Too early to say for sure, but I'm starting to form a picture of what may have transpired at Blizzard North's HQ when they got their collective heads together to discuss the patch...

"We're ready to test the new path in Hell mode, Sir."
"OK, take lvl 99 characters and give them the best gear out there. No variant crap. Cookie-cutters only."

"Reporting extreme game dificulty, Sir."
"What? You managed?"
"Barely, but yes, sir."
"Not good. We'll be giving them new toys with 1 chance in 10 billions of ever dropping, which means they'll all have them in a matter of weeks. Give more life, more resists, more damage to monsters. NOW!"

"Reporting getting slaughtered in the Blood Moor, Sir".
"Good, I think game balance is okay this time."
"But..."
"But nothing. You're mere testers. The true players are out there. If you could beat the game, it would be too easy for them."
"Err... if you say so, Sir. Now how about untwinked, non-cookiecutter characters."
"Nonsense! Listen, this time we're NOT making the same mistake as every single previous time. We're balancing it for the most powerful characters possible. We don't give a damn about the others. They'll manage. They always do. I hate them for that. And anyway, in the end, they'll all use the same builds and same gear. They always do. So THAT is what matters."

"Sir, reporting extremely slow leveling. Been playing for two straight weeks, and XP bar has barely moved".
"What?? Barely moved? You mean it moved at all? Where are those dumb programmers? Guys, I told you: 1 XP / kill after lvl 75. Not a coupla xp points. ONE single experience point. You know them. Those frigging players. You know their tricks, don't you? They'll find the best xp farming area in the game. However random we make it, they will find it. They will share a character so it can play 24/24 7/7. They've done it in the past. They will do it again. So let's not make the mistake of underestimating them again. ONE xp per kill. Do it NOW!"

Just been browing through some reports and checking the new info at the AS. ;)
Yeah the insane exp cuts above level 70 are pretty ridiculous considering the fact that synergy forces players to spend points into even MORE skills.
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Lahve and peace!
Hail Arutha,

I just had to reply because I'm laughing so hard at your post! Truly magnificent, IMO :D . I love it!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The funny thing is, that might have been like what happened. I was reading at diabloii.net (blech :unsure: ), and Flux got to try the patch out in late May. Apparently, the test characters Blizzard had were equipped with whatever the top ladder / highest level characters had. Since the top Druids are PvP, all the Druid equipment was for PvP. :lol:
Thanks for the good laugh :) That was an excellent post...
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

It isn't THAT bad. My level 78 Paladin still gets around 30k experience per kill in the Blood Foothills, on /players 1. Leveling isn't impossible :)

Edit: I swear I quoted keenduck's post. Meh.