Lost the movies
Finagling with the limited harddrive space I have left, I, in the course of this night, un-installed and the fully re-installed Diablo II LOD to v1.09. Single Player characters were left in place and remained intact, but now I cannot access any of the cinematics except for the introductory one. All other cinematics, despite having characters that had completed the course of an entire quest, are not accessible to me.

I pressed on one of my younger characters to the end of Act I, and while I was able to view the movie at the completion of the Act, when I went back to review the movie at the title screen, once again the only one accessible was the first.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I've seen this on a reinstall before. Kill Baal with a char and all will return to normal.
--Mav
I guess that should be amended to "...make a virgin kill of Baal.", because I just cut the poor sod down with an Assassin (the only Slayer I have at yet), and nothing was fixed.

Funny thing, though. You take a character who, in an attempt to save space amidst all the charms she's carrying, has no Tome of TP and expended her last scroll in the Throneroom— then make her do a repeat kill of Baal. The result? Stranded by the Worldstone with no ability to get out. ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Shouldn't there be a registry entry or some kind of config file somewhere that you can modify to make the game think that you've unlocked all of them? I've had to reinstall the game several times, and the movies are always gone for me, and they stay that way until I beat all the acts again (or just kill Baal the first time). I've never heard of them not coming back though.