Dire wolves can't eat storm caster corpses
How's that for a fairly obscure bug?

Anyone else have this problem? Have lvl4 dire wolf from items when I'm in assbeat mode, and assbeat was required for tackling the arcane sanctuary after discovering that the Infector healed 20% of his hp in 5 seconds. Thanks regen.

Anyway, after killing the vizier, my wolves stood over his corpse barking endlessly.

Same thing ended up happening with all the other storm casters. If I moved away, my wolves would follow me and not try it again on existing corpses, but a new corpse would prompt the same behavior. They get stuck trying to attack the corpse to eat it to go into dire rage.

Did not test it anywhere else on other storm caster type creatures, because I've been up 30 hours. And venom lords kill dire wolves way too fast for me to have used them before :/
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Quote:Anyone else have this problem?

I briefly skimmed the B/net 1.10 bug forum and ssaw this one reported there too. It seems that the bug is definitely there, but no testing to determine cause has been attempted AFAIK.
can they eat undead at all? logically they shouldn't since you can't leech life from them...and they got like, no flesh.

stormcasters are just blobs of goo anyway, ewww! :o
It's not that they can't eat undead because they're undead.

It's that they get locked up in the eating cycle and don't do anything until you move away from the body.

Same thing happens with Gloams...
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
that has to be because they're flying/floating types, on a different z-plane.

i remember other 2d games(with the extra third dimension used a little) have problems like these as well.