Does anybody know how +elem dmg% from items works?
I.E. Oramus' robes.

Does anybody know when they get taken into the calculation? Are they added to synergies or mastery bonuses, or are they multiplied seprately altogether?

If they are, then heck, sorc's could get n^5 factor dmg (base*syn*mast*+elem%*-resist%).

Sounds fun. =O)
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
Ah yes, this question tickled my fancy a while ago, and I do have an answer! First of all, I will say that "% elemental damage bonus" is taken after all synergies are applied; so a 5000 damage Armageddon with all maxed synergies will indeed become 6000% damage if you have 20% fire skills damage bonus. However, before you starting concocting new builds and equipment for your next sorceress, I will warn you that it has a slightly different effect with sorceress' spells.

You see, they already have such "% elemental damage bonus", and it's called masteries (except cold mastery). Yes, the effect of masteries is exactly like that of the % elemental damage bonuses found on items. So while for a druid, who doesn't have masteries, 50% additional fire skills damage is a huge boost, to a sorceress 50% fire skills damage is only a slight addition to 200-300% that Fire mastery already adds. And just like the % elemental bonus damage from items, the masteries also are applied to overall spell damage after synergies. This pertains only to Fire/Lightning trees of the sorceress. Cold mastery will indeed get a huge boost from such items, since the additional damage for cold skills is done through lowering the monsters resists.
"Additive to masteries" would've been fine, thanks. =O)

In any case, Fire and Lightning will get their 4th multiplication with resist reduce on items.

Do you happen to know if % elemental dmg bonus applies to all skills though? Will Orumus' robes be *the* new armor for avengers? =O)

I have not even though of that... Hmm.. *Quickly runs to test*

Ok, here are the results... First, the good and the obvious - it does help FoH. Second, the bad - it does NOT help vengeanace, perhaps in part because vengeance is multi-element. Third, the weird. I tried to see if it helps Holy fire/freeze/shock, since they are a pure element. While the robes don't help the bonus to the attack, they DO help aura area damage. Weird.

And now, just when you thought you figured out that they probably don't help melee enhancing skills, I will totally confuse you by saying that they did help Fire Claw damage. Hah! Take that mister-trying-to-make-sense-of-weird-interation!

So in short, I have no idea, besides testing on how to find out if they help a skill or not.
Nutz.

I'm willing to bet they help the asn elemental MAs, with the exception possibly of phoenix strike.

As to traps, I got no idea.

Chalk the randomness up to shoddy Bliz programing. =O)