Class-specific Sets
There is an update on the AS about the improved Class-specific Sets in 1.1
What a disappointment, all but Trang-Oul's Avatar and Natalya's Odium read:
Quote:When you complete this set you get a special aura that, although it does not do anything, makes your character look unique.
Yay?

OK, the bonuses ARE improved but only the necromancer and assassin get more than a lame aura for appearance "enhancement".
Oh well, i was just hoping to turn into all kinds of cool monsters. :(
"Hydrogen and stupidity are the two most common things in the universe" - Harlan Ellesen
"I beat you with a stick!" - ChromaticOnion
You missed the point. The aura is supposed to make other players jealous. That alone is worth collecting the set :D
Looking cool is the highest calling to which one can aspire. Do not cast aspersions on those who would aid you, even in so small a manner.
Actually, the highest calling is looking cool while not dying ;-).

The set bonuses are the bulletproof glass. The aura's the bling bling :D
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC
When they wrote aura they meant for the valkyra glow as well probably (maybe in different colors too?)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I haven't seen any different colors on the auras with the hacked up characters I tested them with. The zon is very bright with M'avina's set on though, since the armor is the same glaring white as Sigons and then you slap a valk glow on her.

The Druid is very orange in Aldur's with a nice valk glow.

The barb is black with a valk glow.

The necro is a vampire

The assassin is ethereal.

Didn't look at the pally or sorc.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Tal Rasha's is quite purple. If you really like purple, then you want Tal Rasha's set.

Not that we needed more incentive to try to find Griswold's Legacy. v1.10 adds to the full set bonus +30%FHR, +20 Str, +30 Dex, they increased the ED on Redemption +25-45%, added cold absorb (.25/lvl) to Valor, and 20%ICB to Honor.

I'm pretty sure when you complete Griswold's Legacy, beyond the aura you can just make out inscribed on the armor, "I'm such a lucky chump I should have bought a lottery ticket".

I think with this set you might even be able to make a vaiable players 8 Hell paladin build.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I think with this set you might even be able to make a viable players 8 Hell paladin build.

The set does have good bonuses over all, but the damage still seems way too low. I'm mean, with all the stuff I've been hearing about hell, a pally will need one of the new (ridiculous) runewords in an elite item, or a +400%ED or so elite rare/craft to manage enough damage. 129 max damage is pretty low compared to many of the elite uniques as well. Hell, 99% of the elite unique 1 handers have higher average damage, and better extra mods (deadly strike, crushing blow, ITD, ect).

Hmmm, maybe the speed will make up for the damage, but I'm unconvinced so far.

BTW, the sheild also gets paladin sheild auto mods now. IIRC that is new. It also strengthens the set. With that set, I can see a paladin easily holding his own vs the monsters, but will he be able to kill them efficiently?
kandrathe,Jul 9 2003, 03:26 AM Wrote:I think with this set you might even be able to make a vaiable players 8 Hell paladin build.
Or spend the next 10 years looking for the set. :lol:

:(
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
ROFL. :D Exactly. It would be nice, but then so would leaving the house.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]