Editing SP characters?
So, I see everyone and their dogs creating characters to test 1.10 Hell but I seem to be having bad luck. I can sometimes get Shadowmaster to work for editing stats but Jamella is a total bust for items. Errors everytime. (It worked once with 1.09, although with some bugs, but it won't at all now, even when I revert.) The Dii.net item download won't open in Shadowmaster to export items, either.

Is there another method I can use? <_<
Nothing I know of works consistently ... I've been bugging the folks down at Phrozen Keep to start decipering the save file structure so that I can update my muling program ATMA but to no avail. People are more interested in modding and figuring out the txt files first :(

--T
Are there any differences between the item JM structures or just the scary new gf block--or has that one been figured out, I'm just using the lame "look for JM" method of getting past it in my attempt to hack together a 1.10Beta item mover.

-- frink

P.S. ATMA III looks great, nice job
There are certain things in Jamella that don't work. (ie: MF and regeneration) What is it you are trying to edit?
Incidentally, I will definately be on the lookout for the next revision of ATMA, hakai no tenshi. It is a excellent program, if you don't mind me saying so.
I second that. Looking forward to problem-less muling in 1.10 SP.
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.
I was just trying to add items. Any items! ;) Once upon a time it did work but not anymore, it seems.
What about editing mercs? I want to test level 60 Normal Rogues!
Hi,

Anyone know if the new version of ATMA (ATMA IV) is compatible with the new
version of the 1.10 beta patch? It would be nice to be able to archive some of
my 1.10 beta items before upgrading to the new version of the patch, and then
hopefully add the items back to the upgraded characters.

Phylogen.
I've found nobbie's item generation cube mod incredibly useful for outfitting your characters with any item you want including rares that you can regenerate until it meets your needs

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=42&t=29853
ATMA IV was released a week ago and is fully compatible with the 1.10 and 1.10s BETA releases. I am currently in the process of adding more functionality to it like

1) Auto Stash which gathers up d2i files in a folder into a stash automatically. This is for the heavy d2i users from the Shadowmaster (Dark) Ages.

2) Auto Convert which would automatically convert mules/stashes from one version to another (higher) version.

3) A better way of sorting the stash layout.

As far as the editing portion of it, there was simply too much feedback from people who wanted to see this seperate from it not to mention several major backlashes/uprisings on dii.net when the admins there banned any mention of ATMA (their loss). Anyway, I removed this from ATMA IV and will make it into a seperate application.

--T
Where might one download ATMA IV? Google only finds a version on swgamezone (4,535,921 bytes), is that the 'true' version?
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
The original download site is http://www.luminatrix.com/ATMA . The swgamezone version may not always be current since I am making changes all the time.

--T
Quote: not to mention several major backlashes/uprisings on dii.net when the admins there banned any mention of ATMA (their loss).

What, is dii.net taking the position that ATMA is a cheat? If so, you can thank Apoc. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Aug 5 2003, 04:28 PM Wrote:What, is dii.net taking the position that ATMA is a cheat?&nbsp; If so, you can thank Apoc. :)
Well, ATMA III had editing capability which I added for build testing *only* . However, the fact that it was in there was enough to get it banned. Needless to say, most single players there went up in arms to defend it and people either got banned left and right, or left in droves. It was pretty horrible. There is more to the story and you could probably ask anyone from the Single Player Froums there although it might not be a good idea to post about it since everyone is still rather touchy (not to mention that such threads get deleted in a matter of minutes). Before all of this however, I had been talking with many users who wanted to see a muling-only version which is seperate from an editing-only version so I decided to strip out editing from ATMA IV. The cool thing is that I just got the stamp of approval from planetdiablo, so I am now waiting to see dii.net play it's card. ;)

I heard of the major flame wars wrt Apoc and muling on dii.net .. thank goodness I was left out of that one. :blink:

--T
As I understand it, dii.net still has a mod forum, and it certainly has a stats forum that gets a lot of its infor from modders.

Insofar as Single Player, my Single Player characters are no twink, no mule, pure Single Players. As I see it, Single Player is just that, one hero following the story line, and as soon as an SP char meets another player, and a mule/trade requires a meeting with another player, that player is now a Multi Player (as in non realms/other MP) and no longer, strictly speaking, a Single Player. Therefore, I won't be downloading ATMA any time soon for that reason, though for test purposes, your program might be a great little tool to mess about with "Off Realms" when the final 1.10 comes out.

I realize that plenty of folks do not look at SP the way that I do. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hakai no tenshi,

I had already downloaded ATMA IV. I just wanted to know if it was compatible
with the newest version of the 1.10 patch beta (1.10s) before I went to 1.10s.
Thanks for the info.

Also, thanks for all your hard work on this program. I happen to enjoy the item
collection aspects of D2 in addition to the actual play aspects. Since I mostly
play offline, your program has greatly eased single player muling for me, and
helped me to enjoy the game even more.

Phylogen. :)
Occhidiangela: I can see where you are coming from but unfortunately, there are several definitions for what a "Single Player" is ... yours is quite valid although, it is possible to still play in this mode (i.e no interaction with others) while using ATMA to keep all the stuff you have found. Some others define Single Player as off-realm characters. It all depends on what is fun for you I guess. I recently played an untwinked sorc with no interaction and was quite a refreshing change. Of course, 1.10 will probably change that playing style :(

Phylogen: I can't say for sure if ATMA is compatible with 1.10s .. I just saw a post on the Phrozen Keep by Professor Frink which alludes to the fact that 2 more 32 bit fields have been added after the 32 bit fingerprint. I suppose this is to add extra security in preventing collisions between the millions of items on BNET. If you have a magical item from 1.10s, you can send it to me to check out.

--T
Oops. I upgraded to 1.10s, bought some items to re-equip my 1.10 characters
(luckily I only had a level 15 barbarian and a level 15 amazon), and then tried
to open them up in ATMA IV. No luck.

Please let me know if you need any test files to examine (d2s and/or d2i), and
how I can send these to you.

Thanks,
Phylogen.
d2s files would be good since it's not possible to create d2i files for 1.10s .. you can send the files to diablo_atma@hotmail.com

--T