Interesting Stuff About DiabloClone In 1.10
I saw this on the Bnet D2 1.10 Beta forums.

http://vapid.deez-nuts.com/d2/

Real or fake ...?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
looks real.

How does he spawn though?
Dyntheos,Jul 9 2003, 05:52 AM Wrote:How does he spawn though?
Isn't it obvious?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
No. It isn't. :blink:
I vote for fake - If for no other reason than it seems entirely too random and the fact that the guy wants to chat in a channel called "Hackers.biz" ;)
It's easy enough to go into the text files and edit them to make the "Diablo Clone" spawn somewhere in the game. Then if you set it up so it can spawn as a boss pack you can run into Champion versions of them. Obviously the character was created with an editor of some sort, too. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:You cannot hold more than 1 annihilius charm on a character. (The unique look and attributes of the mephisto soulstone prevents this)

Say what?

And here I thought that it had something to do with the Annihilius (like Gheed's Fortune) having a '1' in the carry1 column of Uniqueitems.txt.

I agree with TheDragoon.

-- CH
He shows us an obviously hacked character and ends with the line

Quote:I'm not up for all the small talk everyone will throw, everything is legit.

- Vapid

and expects to be taken seriously. Has anyone tried to talk to this guy? I'm guessing anyone with the shocking audacity (or common sense) to question his "findings" would be dismissed as "small talk", but that's only a guess. B)
I think he means 'legit' in the more general sense of the word, i.e. he's saying that he's not making this up. I don't think I believe him, in any case.
Diablo.de has provided a download for people to play with, reported by Nobbie in a post over at the Basin:

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...42&t=28710&st=0
I've played a boss mod like that. Only the champions only spawned in the countess tower. And weren't that strong. :blink:
I think the Diablo.de files are not fake, a number of players have tried them out
... is are the stats of "diabloclone" in those files identical to the ones packaged inside the Diablo II data files.

I'm no modder -- and in fact these files are the first I've seen of D2 data -- but it is very obvious that the numbers can be easily altered to give the desired impressions.

The screenshots prove nothing. Okay, so he made "diabloclone" a spawnable monster in Bloodmoor, Act I. So what?

It is a mod to show off a "hidden" moster in the game, and nothing more.
It seems to me that the world event is realm-only! You have to do something that makes the server say, "hey, they've activated the Realm Event.. make it so!" That way, no one can find out what it is in the mpq. Sucks for sinlge-players.

I can't tell if the Diablo Champion is a 1 in 100 chance (random statistics) of spawning when fighting Diablo in hell, or if he appears when the World Event is triggered, but one thing is clear - he is the only one that can drop that small unique charm!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Can anyone give a good, valid reason on why the Quest Log indicator pops up midway through his screenshots?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
He went into the burial grounds.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Burial Grounds is accessed through Cold Plains, not Blood Moor.

My guess would be that it was triggered by the killing of the "regular Diablo".
The two files he has set up for download (monstats.txt and levels.txt) have been modded so that diabloclone could spawn and set to spawn in the Blood Moor. So, this appears to be the real monster 'diabloclone', but, not spawned legitimately.
Just because he went there and warped back doesn't mean that the quest log would go away.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
The monster is already coded (attributes, level, stats, attacks, drops) in the MPQ files. However, it's activation has not been implemented, AFAIK. You can easily change a couple of txt files and create a mod that will spawn the Diablo Clone anywhere you want. The monster will eventually drop the unique SC and then you can switch back to the official 1.10 Beta again with it in tow. This does constitute cheating in my mind.
Signature? What do you mean?