Anyone tried the following builds in 1.10?
Singing Barbarian

Seems with synergies this build could do some serious damage. Over 500 per cast should be easily attainable, plus if you used maxed battle cry, monsters would lose 88% of their defense and 44% of their damage at level 20. Of course this build requires serious twinking to get enough mana, but seems like it could be somewhat effective.

Lightning Strike Amazon
How is this maxed with synergies in comparison to lightning fury? It seems to have higher damage values, but of course different behavior and you have to be in melee range to use it.
I'm trying a mintybreathalist at the moment but don't know how to "leet-haxorify" my single player chars. :)

This is my buildplan :

Oak sage : 10
Grizzly : 1
Dire wolves : 2

Artic Blast : 20
Cyclone Armour : 10
Hurricane : 20

Gonna max molten Boulder after this...
This one won't do much damage without a lot of synergies, but the knockback effect is great for immobilelising creatures while you give them a ray of minty breath (great combo so far). :)

Right now I have a test char on tcp/ip with my brother, but my realm mintybreathalist will be called "the Masked Menthol". :ph34r:

I was overwhelmed and a bit dissapointed by the changes as well. I think that blizzard wants us to use single(maybe two) dmg type chars, who must work together to prevail in hell. Whatever it will be, I will adept. :D

Edit: I know this is slightly off-topic but wanted to drop this somewhere...
Ive done a test char with the library of testing chars available for dl at d2.net. And the singer barbie with all synergies maxed reaches around 750 damage per cast. Still kinda low imo for a whole 3 synergies to spend on it.
750 is better than nova with maxed lightning mastery isn't it? and war cry is magic damage and stuns!
Only real downside I see is the mana cost. At the very least it'd be good in a party at stunning and weakening the enemies.
i believe warcry is physical damage. It was that in 1.09, you couldnt damage physical imunes with it. But it is a twinker's char, you need so much specialized equipment like plenty of faster cast, plus it will be a pain getting to lvl 30 without rushing now.

Hmm, if its still physical damage, that makes me wonder if it can leech. Look at the assy's blade fury, a physical damaging spell, and it leeches! I also wonder about the druid elemental spells with physical components like molten boulder and i think volcano too.
I tried the Singer with the hacked up 99 character, but no items. It wasnt too great but he was able to kill some hell monsters(much better than 1.09). I suppose if you could raise Battle cray 15 or so points with items, the damage might be nice.

The range on Battle cry is quite small, so ranged enemies are a problem. But the stunn is great. Its so good that you dont need the fast cast gear as much as you might exspect.

MY guess it might work out nice as part of a team.
. . . that explained a tactic which used Leap, not Leap Attack, and WarCry to jump into packs of missile foes. I think he also may have used a bit of Frenzy or Double Swing between War Cries.

The link I had is not on this PC, it was two iterations of The Lounge ago, and for the life of me, I can't remember the guy's name, though the Build was called, I think, a Battle Barb.

Maxed Warcry, a mastery, Maxed Frenzy, Maxed BO, and some points in Leap. The Leap "Knockback" feature was the key to getting inside the decision cycle of the packs one leaped into.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:plus it will be a pain getting to lvl 30 without rushing now.
Ihave invested about 3-4 hours into my beta necro who left Act 1 at lvl 19, and is now lvl 24 in act 2 and just got the cube. I'm using players 8, but should still be doable in the realms. I'll be level 30 before I get to Act III. As for rushing, I bet those inane moochers spend more time in the channels begging to be rushed than they would if they just played the game and got the experience themselves. In v1.10 that will be even more so.

EDIT: Also, by the time I got the the Cat 2 WP at lvl 18 -- I had no problems activating it. There must be a level requirement.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

The guide to the Singing Barb came out late in Classic - 1.06 I think. The tactic was to right click them with Leap using the hotkey to change to WarCry in mid Leap - almost invincible he said

The Battle Barb (by Bane) was early 1.08

Not remembering the guy's name who did the Singer is bugging me now too ;)
My babo is frenzy-er and his build is almost classical. High mastery, battle orders and frenzy. A bit into resists and find item. Then scrap some pts into double swing or taunt to increast frenzy damage and that's it. It's really the only difference I notice. Less increase speed and frenzy, more into synergies. I don't see this changing much.

Pretty much the cookie-cutter, with defiance merc helping keeping a good defense without dumping into shout. He's doing fine, due to the high defense, but he doesn't kill squat either lol. 'cos his two 60-90 battle hammers deal WAY too little damage for NM A4 players 3 :) This game is in serious need of some middle-range weapons.

Another gigantic annoyance is every other monster dealing cold damage. It's not easy to get no freeze in single player and being blue is a major PITA. Thawing pots should REALLY give no freeze for 30 secs or so..
I may have confused the two.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete