How does 1.10 Lycan/Wereform/Oak Sage work?
Test subject: Ultra-Tank 1.09.

Base Life: 2234
Life with Werebear form (200%): 6702 Life
Life with Oaksage (Level 20 due to bug, 125%): 5026.5 Life
Life with Oak and Werebear: 9494.5 Life

The above makes sense, it can be calculated. The below (1.10) doesn't. I am hoping someone could explain it to me how it works now.

Test subject: Cloned Ultra-Tank 1.10

In-Game listing

Base Life: 2234
Life with Werebear form (200%????): 6144 Life
Life with Oaksage (Level 36, 205%????): 6241 Life
Life with Oak and Werebear: 10151 Life

One theory is that it calculates under 175% and 180% for some odd reason. Another is.. BUG!! BUG!!! AHHH .......

So anyone wish to step up at bat?
Base life: 1955
+Life items: 279

I think you can see where this is going.

One theory is that it calulates Werebear/Oak Sage before +life items for some annoying reason. Another is.. FEATURE!! FEATURE!! ARGHHH .......

- Dagni
Good theory

Try it without items please Kharoz

As an aside I have heard that the Oak Sage capped at level 20 bug has been fixed
Thanks for the sarcasm lession. :)

Anyways, while that does calculate correctly. I have thought of that version, however.. That isn't even close the the +Life items I have. Thats why I never really tried to persue it.

Here is my real +Life items, perhaps your theory still applies in some odd and demented way that I have not seen.

I'll separate things.

432 Life from charms
22 Vit from gear (44 life)
235 from life based on currently level.
462 Life from gear.

Total of 1173 Life from gear.

So base life is 1061.

Wanna try the bat again? :P
Just a note that 235 + 44 = 279, which coincides with Dagni's figure. So maybe *some* of those items participate in the life boosting calculations, and some don't.
Exactly what I was thinking. :) Just vitality items.
aurikan,Jul 10 2003, 07:25 AM Wrote:Just a note that 235 + 44 = 279, which coincides with Dagni's figure.  So maybe *some* of those items participate in the life boosting calculations, and some don't.
Hehe, didn't see this combination.

I think you and Dagni win the cookie, however we need to confirm this with other druids first. Then i'll let you two figure out what half of the cookie you want.

First we must note two type of life that aren't added in.

Vitality
Life based on level.

Anyone want to test this current theory on another druid? I am on my lunch break.
Screw lunch break! Good job guys!

Lycan/wereform/Oak (Perhaps BO too) no longer add in +Vitality nor +life dependant on level type stats. Which barbs will suffer the most from, being how they used to benefit from +VIT gear better than anyone.

To confirm this I took off the said gear.

This gave me 1867 life in human form.

Werebear is now 170% and Oaksage is 175%. Which gave me the life of 8308 Life.

Tada!

*Starts passing out cookies*
Hmm, maybe it IS a bug, then. I say report it to Blizzard. It doesn't make any sense for +life per character level to be different from regular +life. Nor does it make sense for +Vit to be any different than if you'd spent the stat points yourself.

- Dagni
Send it to Blizzard, nice work guys. *bows in respect*
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Dagni to the rescue once again!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Dagni,Jul 10 2003, 02:50 PM Wrote:Hmm, maybe it IS a bug, then. I say report it to Blizzard. It doesn't make any sense for +life per character level to be different from regular +life. Nor does it make sense for +Vit to be any different than if you'd spent the stat points yourself.

- Dagni
No only for items containing +Vit, not the Vit you spent yourself. That gets counted.
Kharohz,Jul 10 2003, 03:44 PM Wrote:No only for items containing +Vit, not the Vit you spent yourself.  That gets counted.
Right, I understand that.

But why should there be any difference? I don't think Blizzard decided that +Vit items were too powerful with Oak Sage etc, I think that it's an unintentional bug.

- Dagni
No, think of it this way. It's a way to nerf, super +life based on level/+VIT items like the Harlequin Crest, or Arkraine's Valor. This way all classes are "equal" with that gear. No one gets a particular huge advantage from wearing them over another class.

This probally wasn't even directed at Druids at particular. Probally mostly aimed at those evil barbs -.-.

Having both +life based on level and +VIT kinda makes somes sense. I mean, some gear already gives enough life already, why should a barb.. or a druid have such a huge advantage from it. (Or anyone exposed to BO or Oak)

Thing is, one can assume if they did this "nerf" to Life%, then they may have done it to Mana% also. Someone needs to test that ;). I currently have no characters with mana% type stuff.

This is all opinion of course.

But in truth I HOPE IT IS A BUG. More life for me!
I mean, if not all classes are equal with 40 small charms of +20 life each, why should all classes be equal with +2 life per level on an item? And Barbs STILL get the most out of +Vit items.

But further, while it might work as a way to nerf Arkraine's Valor with Barbs, it violates the logical rules of the game. At clvl 25, a +3 life per level item should be exactly equivalent to a +75 life item. Assuming you are always wearing the equipment, + to ANY stat should be exactly equivalent to if you had actually spent the points.

By the way, is your +Vit only from +Vit per character level items? Maybe the bug is entirely with the 'per level' element?

- Dagni
Quote:By the way, is your +Vit only from +Vit per character level items? Maybe the bug is entirely with the 'per level' element?

Just +VIT

Don't worry I agree what you said, I was just trying to figure out the Blizzard Logic ™ part. But I guess we mere mortals will never see as they do.
Blizzard Logic ™ is a fickle thing though. Sure, sometimes it produces things like 1.08 movement rates and scattered potions disappearing halfway through an Ancients fight, to fix problems that don't really bother people very much (at least not as much as the 'cures' do). :blink: Other times it produces some truely inspired ideas like adding a Defiance synergy to Holy Shield or . . . or . . . something else inspired that eludes me at this point. :unsure:

We mere mortals can see as they do! With less time spent figuring out why things are done the way they are, plenty of mere mortals right here at LL have come up with ideas far nuttier than Blizzard's average. Some even nuttier than Blizzard's most dodgy of ideas. :lol:

Oh that's scary. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Well, it's also a way to nerf SoJ, Frostburn, etc.

That's right, the same thing applies to mana (I've posted about this at dii.net on the day of the beta release, and speculated it applied to life based on people wearing 1.08 arkaines complaining their life went down massively after BO, glad that others have confirmed it).

Only +VIT and +ENERGY matter now. +VIT/LVL and +ENERGY/LVL are nerfed, as are +LIFE, +LIFE/LEVEL, +MANA, +MANA/LEVEL.

At least if you're using any % adders.
Quote:Only +VIT and +ENERGY matter now. +VIT/LVL and +ENERGY/LVL are nerfed, as are +LIFE, +LIFE/LEVEL, +MANA, +MANA/LEVEL.

You mean:

What works with Life%/Mana%:

+Life/+Mana

What doesn't work with Life%/Mana%:

+Vit/+Energy
+Vit/+Energy based on Level.
+Life/+Mana based on Level.
*scratches head*

Yeah, that's what I meant to type. Perhaps I'm dyslexic. :(

Sorry for any confusion.