Hell Difficulty
Arutha,Jul 12 2003, 07:23 AM Wrote:The actual "reward" is supposed to be the ability to access the Canyon and go further into the game.
Act 2 basically links quests 4 & 5 together: Summoner and Horazon's Journal.

As you noted, you don't have to kill the Summoner at all to learn the location of the tomb. This particular tidbit of information along with the portal to Canyon of the Magi is linked to the journal, so technically you don't receive a quest reward for defeating the Summoner.

As much as I love Act 2, it is basically filled with rewardless quests other than Radament. Every other "reward" is simply something you need to progress. Come to think of it, Act 2 gives the least amount of rewards for all the acts. It would be nice if they added something in there for the Summoner.

Totally unrelated, I thought some sort of reward for getting all the waypoints would be nifty. It might encourage people to go places they've never been.

I'd also like to note that rushers generally don't bother with Act 3 at all. I've lost count of how many people I've met that had no idea about the Golden Bird or Lam Esen's Tome. *shakes head*
Quote:Reminds of all those people rushing though the game and then doing hundreds of "cow runs".
"We rush because after a while, playing through the acts over and over again is boring."
Yeah, like killing cows, more cows and more cows is less "boring" than playing through the variety of the five acts.

I have been trying to figure out exactly what it was about cow game sthat bothered me all this time - THAT is it. :lol:
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
Quote:Well, if the person had actually done the Summoner quest, he would have the sign for the real Tal Rasha's tomb. Just run around to find the right entrance and you're done. Now if you had done the Summoner in a different game, it's probably best if the sign shows up in your quest log somehow. That way you won't have wasted your time. Unfortunately Blizzard usually displays little sense. 

Umm...

The tombs are always in the same place, so if you memorize them (there's also a map at diabloii dot net) you can find it if you know the symbol.

And - once you read Horizon's journal, the book next to the summoner there, the symbol of the true tomb IS displayed in the quest log... unless I'm grossly mistaken. :blink:
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
It looks to me as if originally all they were going to do was show the symblols for the false tombs, hanging in the air in the summoner's playpen. Then they decided, "nah, that's too hard, we'll just put the symbol for the right tomb in their quest log".

I mean, if they had planned to put the real symbol in the quest log all along, what would have been the point of showing the 'false' symbols?

Then there's all this "It's Horazon....no it's not, it's some guy very, very much like Horazon, but it's not him at all" That 'false summoner' stuff is just weird.

I think the real Horazon and Natalya ran off to Vegas.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman