Revives now useless?
Looking at revives to a maxed out skeleton I have a Maxed out Skel lasting for ages ( Taking heaps of damage not needing to recast skels for like 30 minutes or so) and then raising a revive that lasts one hit.

Has the revive skill been left behind here?

Even with max mastery for inceased revive helth they just don't stack up. It appears also that mages are in the same boat.

Testing out a necro I have placed points into mages and revive but for my first realm necro I think I'll just stick to RS, SM and CE as main skills. Revives now look like skeletons did in 1.09, cannon fodder to distract the real killers, yet the mana cost is just too high to keep recasting them.
The Revives looked ok to me when I tried them out in Act 5 Hell. This makes me wonder what level you have Skeleton Mastery at and what kind of monster you were reviving.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I've noticed that revives don't start out with full HP -- somewhere around 1/5 or 1/6 IIRC.

Maybe this has something to do with it?
This is true for me as well. Taking revives to town for a heal isn't very time-effective either, I hope this is considered a bug and gets fixed.
Usually, revives die because of the time limit and/or stupidity, so it really doesn't matter that much. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Max mastery: around 24 with items, and reviving slayers in act 5 (the grunts that are whipped up by the fat leatherclad demons like shenk)
Nightmares Terrify.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
There is that. I was Reviving wookies and snakes in the Glacial Trail with sLvl 27 and didn't notice any problems at all. The Skeleton Magi, on the other hand, frequently got pasted by the enemy Bone Spears.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War