assassin wepons
since assassins shoot to snipe people i think that blizz should make a assn bow or crossbow that gives the assn a amazon spell. i also think that the assns need a set for lower lvls, like lvl 26-45. what do u think?

plz reply im bored.
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
A bow or crosswbow that presents a chance to blind the Target serves pretty much the same goal, eh?

Actually, I' have thought that a dedicated crossbow (with CoS) Assassin variant should be called a Sniper, but I figure that is a term too popular among gamers to the point of being generic and hence not "catchy".\

No one liked my 'Sapper' idea for a Traps-dedicated Assassin, either. :unsure:
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
i agree with u and i have name to go with the crossbow "darkshade de espenoge"(cant spell woth a crap) and it could be like(assassin only) +170%-230% ED, +345-563 cold, +33 magic arrow, +250-500 fire, +100% attack speed, +30% walk/run speed, arrows freeze target, ect, ect.

and what do u think about my set idea?

-leah

anybdy like my uniq bow? im not very good at naming things so plzz give me name ideas.
plz reply im bored
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
Rhydderch Hael,Jul 11 2003, 03:30 AM Wrote:A bow or crosswbow that presents a chance to blind the Target serves pretty much the same goal, eh?

good idea. hey if any onewants to reply i would be very happy :lol:
OK, I guess that was a lead balloon. I see the idea, what with setting land mines and such, but maybe people did not want it to get shortened to being a bunch of "Saps." :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
i agree. but i think that the bow should freeze target for 6 seconds. and u never answered my set question occhidiangela.
Chaos
3 Socket Claws
Fal + Ohm + Um
9% Chance To Cast Level 11 Frozen Orb On Striking
11% Chance To Cast Level 9 Charged Bolt On Striking
+35% Increased Attacked Speed
+240-290% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 216-471 Magic Damage
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 To Whirlwind
+10 To Strength
+15 Life After Each Demon Kill

if anyone has a screen shot of an assn doing WW please make link to it.
Rules
Ettiquette

Have a look at them. For what it's worth, this is not a Chat Room.

Otherwise, welcome to the Lounge, and to answer your question:

Character design, and class limitation, does not have to limit your choices of how to play your Assassin. Given that the game was made with discrete classes, versus "generic hero who can develop in any direction," the claw focus for Assassin items is logical.

As to set items more suitable to an Assassin at lower levels, I agree, that would be handy. Send in your suggestion to Blizzard and see what they do with it.

That said, you can use Hsaru's Set and equip a claw as an Assasin. :)

You can also use Cleglaw's set as an Assassin, wielding a sword instead of a claw, and do nicely through the entirety of Normal and even into NM difficulty using nothing more that Tiger Strike and Cobra Strike.

Styles and Variants abound. You can make a Sniper Assassin using equipment already avaialble. A socketed bow is a good start, pump your Venom Skill, use Cloak of Shadows per Rhydd's Suggestion. Use Shadow Warrior or Master as your Decoy/Valk.

Let's say you get to Hell Difficulty. Shop for a Cruel Bow then socket it. You will get two sockets. A Jah rune, if you are so lucky, takes care of ITD and any other Jewel or Rune can be added to tasted. Ehnahced damage, if you have one.

About damage: your assassin only skills only help in the case of Venom. Thus, your equipment and charms may be what you have to work with to enhance the damage. ALso, Biggin's Bonnet, a low level unique, will boost your damage, as would a Might Merc.

Another option is to use a bow like the Exceptional Cedar Bow, Shokaku, which is auto hit to firing exploding arrows. Good luck finding one. If you find the Unique Long Bow, the new upgrade cube formula, Sol Ral Gem, item, should take care of you there.

In summary, you don't need an assassin bow to make an assassin archer.

My Assassin, Occhidiangela, is a Matriarch. She uses a bow, and a Sword and Shield. :)
In Memory of Pete
In old-time seige warfare, "saps" were the powder charges you had inserted under an enemy wall through the undermining tunnels you dug. The guys who did this job were the original sappers.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
mine to my assn is lv 78 matriarch and uses a windforce, bartucs(jewled), and radaments sphere, and also uses the diciple set for evey thing else. i agree.
Quote:if anyone has a screen shot of an assn doing WW please make link to it.

Hmm maybe it was at the AB, but IIRC I saw a screenshot of an assassin doing WW on the b.net bug forum. Very interesting, though the new WW graphic makes it hard to see the assassin very well.

Try searching for it over there.
I sure did. I suggested you send the suggestion to Blizzard.
In Memory of Pete
What's not to like? :)
In Memory of Pete
A Sapper Assassin would need to start with a Gore Shovel to dig some holes under the walls. Maybe some sort of spade as well, (is Deathspade an item? I forget) for other digging, and some sort of Military Pick to go with the shovel. Need a metal helmet for sure, to keep those cave ins from bruising her pate.

She'd then need something that gives her a Cleansing aura after every mission, seeing as how she tends to look pretty spiffy in her black leather outfit when not encrusted with mud. Can't have her looking like a mole, can we? :)

She might also need an item with charges of Molten Boulder for use as a sort of explosive Battering Ram or bomb for undermining various structures once she dug the trench to the base of the wall.

In between, she could just set traps/landmines to take out the wave attacks of the demonic hordes.

You may be on to something, as variants go, depending on how the Paladin Auras for everyone theme gets resolved by 1.10's release.
In Memory of Pete
If you want people to respond to you, try the following (these are useful for realms far removed from web forums):

1. Spell correctly, or try to spell correctly.
2. Use correct grammar, or try to use correct grammar.
3. Find and reattach the shift key on your keyboard, or learn to write as well as ee cummings.
4. Provoke a response, don't ask for it.

If you exhibit little to no interest or time investment in your post, you can expect exactly the same in response. Don't bother asking opinions about trivial things like imaginary items. You're wasting perfectly good thoughts in opportunity cost. Nobody will answer you if they have nothing to say. Give them something to say by saying something yourself.

And if the first four tips don't mean anything, maybe this one will:

Effective communication is the best way to get what you want.

When you realize that, you will glue that shift key back on because you want to.

Ignatz
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
i looked for the screen shot and couldn't find it. i would be extremly happy if u could post a link if u see it again. :)
You've been given two reasonably gentle warnings about conforming to the norms of the Lounge. This is not a chat room.

You want to get flamed, just keep it up.
In Memory of Pete