New Affix?
I downloaded the patch today (MacManiac) and started to get to work right away. The following item appeared in Larzuk's window the first time my lvl90 Sorc went shopping in Hell:

Grinding Lance
27-181dmg
+67max dmg (based on char lvl) (so 0.66 per lvl, right?)

A forum search turned up nothing on "grinding", so maybe I really am the first to post this and not just some annoying looser :lol:

by the way:
new gem dropping sound!
Vidala's set is now black.
The Ward is now blue.

I also saw my first Colossus Girdle ever in Larzuk's shop :)

Any other new affixes?

NuurAbSaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
NuurAbSaal,Jul 11 2003, 10:54 PM Wrote:new gem dropping sound!
...What? I've never noticed about this. Is this mac-only thing? :o
Possibly. I noticed the new sound, too, and I'm running the Mac patch. A very sharp "ding" sound now - it really wakes you up when you've been used to the old sound for years.

Also, there are some odd palette shifts on maggot eggs in the Canyon. Kinda psycho orangey-purple.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
NuurAbSaal,Jul 11 2003, 08:54 AM Wrote:Grinding Lance
27-181dmg
+67max dmg (based on char lvl) (so 0.66 per lvl, right?)

A forum search turned up nothing on "grinding", so maybe I really am the first to post this and not just some annoying looser :lol:
Grinding (Gritty in the code) is 6/8 max damage per level. And yes, quite a few of the previously unused affixes have now been turned on.
Actually, if I recall correctly, 'grinding' existed in 1.09, but it was named 'screaming'. However, screaming was duplicated since it also applied to hit cause monster flee, so I guess that's why they changed the name.