Countess runes & making runewords
Brista,Jul 22 2003, 05:36 AM Wrote:This one I can provide a link for, I'm not sure about the Hellforge drops

She is basically her own type of monster - a superunique. She is based on the Dark Stalkers found with her (class: corruptrogue3)

http://www.d2data.net/110beta/monster/Countess.html
An old thread, but since it was refered to in a new thread, I thought I might as well pop in here and clarify a thing.

Super Uniques are not their own kind of monsters. They are "normal" uniques (random ones) in that they are based on a base monster which is then upgraded through a few boss properties (increased level for example). While random uniques get their special boss properties at random, super uniques has listed several boss properties they get for sure (and in addition can also get random ones in nightmare and hell difficulty I think). That is really the only thing that is different. So she is thus indeed a Dark Stalker unique monster.

It is true though that some of the super Uniques are based on a base type of monster that does NOT otherwise exist in the game and hence are in that aspect "different" although what is really special in that case is that the base monster is special (and can have special properties), the game still update that special base monster normally to a unique monster.

Finally we have the truly special unique monsters, which I call quest bosses (although many super unique monsters are of course also related to quests). They are not unique monsters in the normal sense, but instead, their base monster is in itself a boss so to speak and the game does not upgrade them through normal boss upgrades (they don't get a level increase for example). They can still be assigned special boss properties though and in game when you play, they appear as bosses in the way their name is shown and so on. By the way, all act end bosses are such special ones.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Thanks Jarulf